Monday, August 22, 2011

RAGU: Mom's the Word on Dinner!


What do you do when dinner gets tough?

Isn't that always the question for Moms? I know it has been for me!

Lizz was / is a picky eater. If it wasn't drowning in ketchup -- she wasn't eating it! I have to admit, however, that she comes by it honestly. Mike (Review Daddy) is just as finicky.

My solution? The One-Bite Rule!

I began getting Lizz to take just one bite when she was still a toddler. The rule is easy enough for any child to understand, "Take one bite. If you don't like it, then at least you've tried it".

Mommy and Daddy had to take one bite, too.

I was always happily surprised at how often Lizz would eat an entire serving after having taken the one bite!

Broccoli, egg roll, coconut, pork chops (yeah... I know... *sigh* smothered in ketchup...) -- those were some really tough sells. But Mom's one bite rule saved the day!

I'll never forget the first time I cooked Penne pasta rather than her beloved spaghetti. You'd have thought the world was coming to an end!
Luckily, the Ragu jar was in sight and she KNEW what that meant!
We just spooned the sauce onto her bread and let her eat that for a while. When she finally took her 'one bite' -- that was all we needed to get her to finish her bowl! :)

Yes, the 'one bite rule' has served us well. Lizz is 18 now, but she still uses that rule. She's passed it on to her fiance as well!

Mike and still use it, too. New foods... new restaurants... always one bite.

Yep... when the dining gets tough... Mom get tougher!

I have to admit... I'm almost glad to know that I'm not alone when it comes to picky, finicky eaters. A lot of Moms face these same dinner issues.

The folks at Ragu understand this and have launched a fantastic new program called Mom's the Word on Dinner!

Recipes, videos, tips, hints, suggestions, discussion, support -- it's all there for you!

You can connect with Ragu on their YouTube Channel








Visit Ragu Sauce on Facebook or @ragusauce on Twitter to join the conversation. Just use the hastag #Momstheword!





Disclosure:
This post was created in connection with my association with the RagĂș® Mom’s the Word on Dinner Program. I received two jars of Ragu Old World Style Sauce as compensation for this post. The opinions expressed herein are my own and based on my own experience.


No comments: