Tuesday, April 15, 2014

The Long Weigh Down



If you look at the top of this blog, you'll see a new page:
The Long Weigh Down

That page will tell the story of my weight-loss journey.  It's name has two meanings: The long time I have been weighed down and the time it will take to lose the weight. 

It's really not easy to admit openly that one is obese. It's not easy to share the struggle. However, I truly believe that sharing is part of the journey.

I invite you to walk along with me... share your stories... hopefully, offer suggestions and encouragement.  I will be happy to cheer you on as well.

I am a long-time member of Spark People -- my member name there is LifeNProgress.  I hope you'll join me there as well.  It's a completely FREE site.  It has weight loss programs, nutrition / exercise trackers, forums, blogs, articles, videos, and more.

In 2009, I lost 66 pounds on the Spark People program.  It was MY OWN fault that I went back to my old way of thinking and eating. I will endeavour not to do that again.

Later, I will post my current weight. It's embarrassing. It's also necessary to success. Denial gets you nowhere.

When I post to my social media pages, I'll be using the hashtag: #LongWeighDown -- I invite you to do so as you join me in this journey.

Terri


1 comment:

Unknown said...

I wish you the best on your journey. I understand and empathize. You can do it!