Thursday, May 14, 2015

#Yumms BBQ Grill Mat Review





We love to grill out! It's just about our favourite way to cook.  Happy Husband takes care of the meat and the veggies are left to me.

I don't even like to think of the number of tomato slices... small potatoes... onions slices... zucchini slices that I've lost to the coals when they slipped through the grates and into the fire.  Too many to count.

Oh, I've tried using foil but it's unwieldy and often burns the contents.

When I heard about Yumms BBQ Grill Mat I admit to being skeptical.  I thought, "No way this will work".  I was wrong.

These amazing mats DO work great on the grill!  At approx. 15" X 15", the mats are the perfect size. I'd say they take up about 1/2 of the standard grill top. That leaves plenty of room for the larger items that do not need to be on a mat.



We grilled just the other night.  I wanted cauliflower, broccoli, and onions.  Happy Husband wanted mushrooms and garlic.  The grill mat was the perfect solution! There was plenty of room for both veggie bundles.  Nothing was lost to the evil grill grate!  What a relief.

There are so many reasons to use a grill mat: the cooking surface is clean (grill grates can hold all kinds of food debris even after they've been cleaned), just gently wash and rinse (you may even clean it in your dishwasher!), dry, and the mat is ready for its next use.
Flare-ups are avoided as there are no drips down into the coals, the surface is non-stick (I hate leaving the good crust on burgers ON the darned grill!) and turning food is easy!  Storage is simple: lay it flat, roll it up, keep in your grill bag, toss into the trunk of the car.

DRAWBACKS:  There aren't any. :D






As you can see... Happy Husband (AKA Grill Daddy) loves it, too!




You can go grab some popcorn and watch Happy Husband in action here:



You may purchase the Yumms Grill Mats on Amazon.com.

You may connect with Yumms on their website and social media pages: FacebookYoutubeGoogle+, and @yumms4you on Twitter.  Give them a shout out at #yumms -- they'd love to hear from you!

DISCLOSURE:
I received a set of Yumms BBQ Grill Mats in order to facilitate this review.  I received no monetary compensation.  The opinions expressed herein are my own and based on my own use of and experience with the items.


No comments: