Pages

Thursday, February 11, 2010

Kiss My Thistle -- Scottish Shortbread Giveaway! Ends 2/19/10

CONTEST CLOSED! CONTEST CLOSED! CONTEST CLOSED!

We love Shortbread! We REALLY love Shortbread! Tablet, too!

Of course, we would! We've cornered the market on Scottish Heritage in our family! Campbell, MacNeil, Lamont, MacDuff, and MacGregor -- I'm sure we've got a few more hiding in the closet!

So, imagine my happy surprise when I came across Kiss My Thistle Scottish Shortbread!
OOooohhh... real Scottish Shortbread... and... TABLET!
YUM!



Shortbread can be very tricky (one reason I don't make it much!) -- it can be too hard -- like the packaged deal you find in the cookie aisle -- or too soft and crumbly.

Shortbread should have a bit of firmness at the bite and then melt in your mouth. The Shortbread at Kiss My Thistle does just that.

I was blessed to receive a sampling of Original, Touch of Lemon, and Chocolate Mint shortbread. The Chocolate Mint was so good... cool and creamy. The Touch of Lemon had a very delicate hint of lemon -- not over-powering or tart.

Sadly, I can't say anything about the Original Flavour. ;0 Why?
Because Review Daddy grabbed it and ran with it.

I got ONE piece and a few crumbs. Mike, shortbread thief that he is, had that bag devoured in less than an hour.
If that's not a ringing endorsement... I don't know what is! :)

I'm going to be ordering a pound... or two... for our upcoming Scottish Highland Games in May. I figure two pounds will last the weekend! (Ever watched a Scotsman eat shortbread?)

From the website: The Shortbread is cut into 1 inch squares. All orders are weighed and given 2 squares more for good Glasgow luck. There are approximately 35 squares to the pound.


Which brings us to the Thistle Melts also called Tablet. How to describe Heaven...? Tablet is not fudge. It's made of simple ingredients: Sugar, Condensed Milk, and butter, and vanilla. Simple. Yet... if it's not made right, it can be a hard, chewy mess. Kiss My Thistle makes it just right.
I managed to make my bag last three days.
I'm sure that's a record for me.

If you're of Scottish Heritage, I know you've already placed your first order! If you aren't, you'll place one soon! The packaging ensures safe transit -- none of my bags were open or damaged and all of it was fresh!

Please visit Julie at the Kiss My Thistle or at her ETSY site! Tell her that Terri & Liz from Gathering My Roses sent you!

Julie has most graciously and generously offered one lucky Gathering My Roses reader a sampler pack of 1/2 pound Original Scottish Shortbread and 1/2 pound of Thistle Melts (Tablet)!

Just follow the instructions below to enter for your chance to win!

*NOTICE: You MUST leave your email address in the body of your comment or make your email address visible in your profile. If I cannot contact you -- you can't win!*

Please leave a separate comment for EACH entry!

OPEN TO USA RESIDENTS ONLY, PLEASE!

MANDATORY ENTRY:
Visit Kiss My Thistle, then come back here and tell me the Shortbread you'd most like to try.

EXTRA ENTRIES:

1. Make a purchase from Kiss My Thistle and tell us what you bought!

2. Follow Gathering My Roses PUBLICLY via Google Friend Connect (Located on the sidebar)

3. Become a fan of Gathering My Roses on Facebook (link on Sidebar!)

6. Follow @GeorgiaMist on Twitter

7. Tweet about this contest (no more than once daily, please!):
Kiss My Thistle Shortbread / Tablet Giveaway! @GeorgiaMist
Ends 2/19/10 http://bit.ly/b7pibJ

8. Post the link to this contest on your blog, Facebook, or MySpace page(s) and link back here!

9. Post a comment on any other article here and the come back and tell me which one.

This contest will be open from Thursday, February 11th until Friday, February 19th. Winner will be announced on Saturday, February 20th.

The Kiss My Thistle sampler will be shipped directly to the winner by Kiss My Thistle.

DISCLAIMER: I received samples of Original, Touch of Lemon, and Valentine Chocolate Mint Shortbread and 1 sample bag of Thistle Melts (Tablet) for the purpose of review. I received no monetary compensation. My opinion is based on personal use and experience of the product.

90 comments:

  1. the Touch of Lemon Shortbread sounds really yummy

    nicolemb2010(at)yahoo(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  2. following on google friend connect as alyssasmom9807

    nicolemb2010(at)yahoo(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Touch of Lemon Shortbread sounds delish.

    ReplyDelete
  4. fb fan (nicole barr)

    nicolemb2010(at)yahoo(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  5. following Follow @GeorgiaMist on Twitter @alyssasmom9807

    nicolemb2010(at)yahoo(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  6. tweet http://twitter.com/alyssasmom9807/statuses/8989298842

    nicolemb2010(at)yahoo(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  7. posted on fb http://www.facebook.com/alyssasmom9807?ref=profile#!/alyssasmom9807?v=feed&story_fbid=333344261162&ref=mf

    nicolemb2010(at)yahoo(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I would love to try the Limited Edition Mint Chocolate Shortbread
    dmkayes@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I follow on Google Friend Connect
    dmkayes@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am a facebook fan
    dmkayes@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'd like to try the Apricot & cranberry shortbread birdson@roadrunner.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. I follow U publicly on GFC birdson@roadrunner.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. I became a fan of YOURS on FB / Birdie Skolfield birdson@roadrunner.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. I follow U on Twitter / Birdson777 birdson@roadrunner.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. I would most like to try the Limited Edition Mint Chocolate Shortbread it sounds so yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm a fan of Gathering My Roses on Facebook (Stephanie Petty-Grant)

    ReplyDelete
  17. I follow @GeorgiaMist on Twitter @sgrant2005

    ReplyDelete
  18. Tweet:
    http://twitter.com/sgrant2005/status/8994935010

    ReplyDelete
  19. I blogged:
    http://thegrantsgiveaways.blogspot.com/2010/02/gathering-my-roses-kiss-my-thistle.html

    ReplyDelete
  20. I so want to try the Limited Edition Mint Chocolate Shortbread!
    katiekarr at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  21. I used to make scottish shortbread when I was younger, delicious! I'd like to try the touch of lemon shortbread (as well as the thistle fudge!)

    rfshdw@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. Momma's little baby loves....

    joemack3@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. I would love to try the Touch of Lemon Shortbread.

    flufffreebies@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. I would like to try the touch of lemon shortbread.
    weird chick online at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  25. I would love to try the Apricot & Cranberry Shortbread! Thanks for sharing this sweet treat giveaway!

    Kewlbreez4(at)yahoo(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  26. tweet http://twitter.com/phxbne/status/9031141024

    ReplyDelete
  27. I'd like to try---Touch of Lemon Shortbread


    maynekitty at live dot com

    ReplyDelete
  28. I would like to try the chocolate mint shortbread.

    ReplyDelete
  29. As a Scottish girl I would love to try the Traditional Scottish Shortbread because I have never found a good one here in the states.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Follow Gathering My Roses PUBLICLY via Google Friend

    ReplyDelete
  31. Follow @GeorgiaMist on Twitter
    @katmagick

    ReplyDelete
  32. Tweet
    http://twitter.com/katmagick/statuses/9055185809

    ReplyDelete
  33. The Apricot & Cranberry Shortbread sounds so yum. Thanks.

    sweet_soul_sistermi@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  34. Since I am not Scottish I would love to try the Traditional Shortbread (so I could taste what it is supposed to taste like).

    ReplyDelete
  35. I want to try the Traditional Scottish Shortbread.

    ReplyDelete
  36. http://twitter.com/katmagick/statuses/9097029765

    ReplyDelete
  37. The tradational shortbread is what i would like to try. It looks yummy! Thanks! jacquecurl1(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  38. I follow. jacquecurl1(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  39. I commented on the post-before and after your weight lose oct-09. jacquecurl1(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  40. I'd most like to try the Touch of Lemon Shortbread...although the others sound really good also! Thanks for the review and giveaway!
    jackievillano at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  41. I am now following via Google Friend Connect

    ReplyDelete
  42. i'd most like to try the orange shortbread

    ReplyDelete
  43. i follow your blog publicly via google friend connect (redfuzzycow)

    ReplyDelete
  44. i'm a facebook fan of yours (jen reda)

    ReplyDelete
  45. i tweeted http://twitter.com/redfuzzycow/status/9128147598

    ReplyDelete
  46. http://twitter.com/katmagick/statuses/9139432777

    ReplyDelete
  47. tweet http://twitter.com/alyssasmom9807/statuses/9164405509

    nicolemb2010(at)yahoo(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  48. The Apricot & Cranberry Shortbread sounds so yummy. Thanks for the giveaway.

    ReplyDelete
  49. I like the Chocolate Mint Shortbread

    Jeanette Huston
    chewysmum79@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  50. I am a follower

    Jeanette Huston
    chewysmum79@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  51. Faned you on FB

    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Gathering-Roses-Journey-to-a-Healthier-Life/160312853450?v=wall#!/jeanette.huston?ref=profile

    Jeanette Huston
    chewysmum79@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  52. Following gorgiamist on twitter

    http://twitter.com/josephvh1982

    Jeanette Huston
    chewysmum79@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  53. Tweeted this giveaway here

    http://twitter.com/josephvh1982/status/9186214658

    Jeanette Huston
    chewysmum79@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  54. Posted this contest on FB

    http://www.facebook.com/jeanette.huston?v=feed&story_fbid=343379595349&ref=nf

    Jeanette Huston
    chewysmum79@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  55. http://twitter.com/katmagick/statuses/9195621430

    ReplyDelete
  56. http://twitter.com/katmagick/statuses/9248294897

    ReplyDelete
  57. I would love to try the Apricot & Cranberry Shortbread

    ReplyDelete
  58. tweet http://twitter.com/alyssasmom9807/statuses/9268260292

    nicolemb2010(at)yahoo(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  59. I would most like to try the Chocolate Mint Shortbread!

    ReplyDelete
  60. I now follow you with Google{Deb K}

    ReplyDelete
  61. I follow you on Twitter{Deb55106]

    ReplyDelete
  62. Tweet!
    http://twitter.com/Deb55106/status/9269514737

    ReplyDelete
  63. I'd love to try Traditional Scottish Shordbread - why mess with perfection? But if I had to pick another I'd go with the Touch Of Lemon. They would both be great with a cup of tea.

    ReplyDelete
  64. Gathering My Roses fan on Facebook
    userid:Susan claus

    ReplyDelete
  65. Gathering My Roses public follower via Google

    ReplyDelete
  66. A Touch of Lemon Shortbread sounds divine and I would love to try it!
    Angie
    one 4 earth at aol dot com

    ReplyDelete
  67. I follow you via google.
    Angie
    one 4 earth at aol dot com

    ReplyDelete
  68. I tweeted this giveaway here: http://twitter.com/FotoMacro/status/9283234443
    Angie
    one 4 earth at aol dot com

    ReplyDelete
  69. Chocolate Mint Shortbread sounds SOOO good!!!!
    Scott
    nynekats at aol dot com

    ReplyDelete
  70. fanned you on facebook under Heath Cole
    Scott
    nynekats at aol dot com

    ReplyDelete
  71. follow on twitter under repurrpussed
    Scott
    nynekats at aol dot com

    ReplyDelete
  72. tweeted http://twitter.com/RePurrPussed/status/9289311618
    Scott
    nynekats at aol dot com

    ReplyDelete
  73. http://twitter.com/katmagick/statuses/9293494270

    ReplyDelete
  74. I would like to try the original-I doubt it would last one day at our house ;)

    aunteegem@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  75. FB fan Julie A Scott Laws

    aunteegem@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  76. follow your blog

    aunteegem@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  77. I want it just by looking at the pics of these goodies

    ReplyDelete
  78. tweet http://twitter.com/alyssasmom9807/statuses/9314559357

    nicolemb2010 at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  79. http://twitter.com/katmagick/statuses/9341492721

    ReplyDelete
  80. I'd most like to try the Touch of Lemon Shortbread :) *Thanks* for the giveaway!
    theluckyladybug[at]gmail[dot]com

    ReplyDelete
  81. Traditional for me!

    taryn237 at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  82. Follow you on twitter @taryn237

    ReplyDelete
  83. http://twitter.com/taryn237/status/9355988016

    ReplyDelete
  84. Apricot & Cranberry Shortbread sounds the best.

    ReplyDelete
  85. I'd love some Chocolate Mint Shortbread!
    Cassie
    cjm92995@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  86. Touch of Lemon shortbread sounds tasty.

    ananemone(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete