
A few weeks ago, I was blessed to receive a sample box of Cowgirl Chocolates. Holey moley! Those were the best chocolates I've had in many a long year!
Each chocolate truffle is unique in spice and taste. From mild to screaming mad -- the taste is just sensational.
How did these wonderful chocolates come into the world? From the website:
Head Cowgirl Marilyn Lysohir founded Cowgirl Chocolates in
1997. Her two favorite things in the world are art (she has a notable career as a ceramic sculptor) and chocolate. In fact her first job was working in a chocolate factory in Pennsylvania.
Marilyn mingled some favorite memories with some new ideas to create an American original, Cowgirl Chocolates.
Cowgirl Chocolates has won a total of 16 product awards and 2 packaging awards and is located in Moscow, Idaho USA. It has also been featured on the Food Network
on “Unwrapped” and “Extreme Cuisine” and in the New York Times and Toronto Star among others.
There are many great flavours available from Cowgirl Chocolates. Each tin or box can be filled with your own choice of flavours, too. The head Cowgirl aims to please! :)
These are the flavours available on the website:
Mild Truffles: Pure Milk Chocolate, Double Dark Chocolate, Ivory Orange, and Raspberry lemonade dark chocolate.
Spicy Truffles: Spicy Double Dark Chocolate,
Spicy Raspberry Dark Chocolate, Spicy Hazelnut Milk Chocolate, Spicy Cappuccino, Mini Habanero Dark Chocolates, Buckin’ Hot Habanero Caramels.
New Solid Chocolate Bar flavors:
(dark chocolate 55% cocoa, milk chocolate 33% cocoa)
Mild mannered: Milk Chocolate,
Dark Chocolate, Sarsaparilla Milk Chocolate,
Lavender Dark Chocolate, Lemonade White Chocolate
Spicy: Spicy Huckleberry Dark Chocolate, Spicy Roasted Macadamia Nut Dark Chocolate, Spicy Lime/Tequila Dark Chocolate,
Spicy Orange Espresso Dark Chocolate, Spicy Mint Milk Chocolate.
The spicy Double Dark Chocolate was my favourite truffle by far. The heat is intense... for a moment -- in the back of the throat. Then the sweet depth of the chocolate delights the tongue.
Okay. So I'm waxing lyrical -- indulge me. The truffles are just that good!
Review Daddy loved the Mild Double Dark Chocolate Truffle best of all. The look on his face was just priceless. He tells me that the flavours were perfectly balanced and tasted better than any fine European chocolates he's eaten.
However, my absolute favourite piece was the mighty spicy ***BUCKIN' HOT*** Habanero Caramel! The head Cowgirl says, They'll have you lickin' your lips and shakin' your hips!
That's no joke, friends! They are H*O*T*!
But these soft, buttery caramels are also sweet, creamy, and melt- in-your-mouth! Yeah... the heat stays with with you for a while -- but it's a good heat.
Each chocolate truffle is unique in spice and taste. From mild to screaming mad -- the taste is just sensational.How did these wonderful chocolates come into the world? From the website:
Head Cowgirl Marilyn Lysohir founded Cowgirl Chocolates in
1997. Her two favorite things in the world are art (she has a notable career as a ceramic sculptor) and chocolate. In fact her first job was working in a chocolate factory in Pennsylvania.
Marilyn mingled some favorite memories with some new ideas to create an American original, Cowgirl Chocolates.
Cowgirl Chocolates has won a total of 16 product awards and 2 packaging awards and is located in Moscow, Idaho USA. It has also been featured on the Food Network
on “Unwrapped” and “Extreme Cuisine” and in the New York Times and Toronto Star among others.
There are many great flavours available from Cowgirl Chocolates. Each tin or box can be filled with your own choice of flavours, too. The head Cowgirl aims to please! :)

These are the flavours available on the website:
Mild Truffles: Pure Milk Chocolate, Double Dark Chocolate, Ivory Orange, and Raspberry lemonade dark chocolate.
Spicy Truffles: Spicy Double Dark Chocolate,
Spicy Raspberry Dark Chocolate, Spicy Hazelnut Milk Chocolate, Spicy Cappuccino, Mini Habanero Dark Chocolates, Buckin’ Hot Habanero Caramels.
New Solid Chocolate Bar flavors:
(dark chocolate 55% cocoa, milk chocolate 33% cocoa)
Mild mannered: Milk Chocolate,
Dark Chocolate, Sarsaparilla Milk Chocolate,
Lavender Dark Chocolate, Lemonade White Chocolate
Spicy: Spicy Huckleberry Dark Chocolate, Spicy Roasted Macadamia Nut Dark Chocolate, Spicy Lime/Tequila Dark Chocolate,
Spicy Orange Espresso Dark Chocolate, Spicy Mint Milk Chocolate.
The spicy Double Dark Chocolate was my favourite truffle by far. The heat is intense... for a moment -- in the back of the throat. Then the sweet depth of the chocolate delights the tongue.
Okay. So I'm waxing lyrical -- indulge me. The truffles are just that good!
Review Daddy loved the Mild Double Dark Chocolate Truffle best of all. The look on his face was just priceless. He tells me that the flavours were perfectly balanced and tasted better than any fine European chocolates he's eaten.
However, my absolute favourite piece was the mighty spicy ***BUCKIN' HOT*** Habanero Caramel! The head Cowgirl says, They'll have you lickin' your lips and shakin' your hips!

That's no joke, friends! They are H*O*T*!
But these soft, buttery caramels are also sweet, creamy, and melt- in-your-mouth! Yeah... the heat stays with with you for a while -- but it's a good heat.
Cowgirl Chocolates also offers products such as Hot Cocoa (Spicy & Mild), Peanut Brittle, Caramel sauce, and Chocolate sauce! Indulge yourself with these oh, so delicious treats!
The head Cowgirl herself has offered one of our readers a chance to win their own 1/3 pound sampler of Cowgirl Chocolates!
Just enter below for your chance to win! Open to USA only, please!
***NOTICE:You MUST leave your email address in the body of your comment or make your email address visible in your profile. If I cannot contact you -- you can't win!***
Please leave a separate comment for EACH entry!
MANDATORY ENTRY: Visit Cowgirl Chocolates and pick out a flavour that you'd love to try, then come back here and tell us about it.
ADDITIONAL ENTRIES:
1. Follow @GeorgiaMist on Twitter -- leave your Twitter name for verification!
2. Follow Gathering My Roses PUBLICLY via Google Friend Connect (Located on the sidebar)
3. Become a fan of Gathering My Roses on Facebook (link on Sidebar!)
4. Follow @MysticRaindrops on Twitter -- leave your Twitter name for verification!
5. Tweet about this contest (no more than once daily, please!) then come back here and leave your Twitter status URL.
@GeorgiaMist Win a 1/3 pound Cowgirl Chocolates Sampler box from Gathering My Roses! PLS RT! http://bit.ly/bSkcaX
6. Post the link to this contest on your blog, Facebook, or MySpace page(s) and link back here!
7. Enter another contest on our blog and then come back and tell us which one.
8. Sign up for the Cowgirl Chocolates newsletter.
This contest will run from Friday, March 5 until Sunday March 14.
DISCLOSURE: I received a complimentary sampler box of Cowgirl Chocolates for the purpose of review. I was under no obligation to review this item. I received no monetary compensation. The opinions expressed are based on my own use and experience with the item.
Since I love orange and espresso and dark chocolate my choice would be:
ReplyDeleteSpicy Orange Espresso Dark Chocolate
rubymoonstone at gmail dot com
Follow georgia Mist tweets
ReplyDelete@hopscotchlime
rubymoonstone at gmail dot com
Follow MysticRaindrops tweets
ReplyDelete@hopscotchlime
rubymoonstone at gmail dot com
Follow publicly on GFC/ally
ReplyDeleterubymoonstone at gmail dot com
Facebook fan
ReplyDeleterose manning
rubymoonstone at gmail dot com
Getting Cowgirl Chocolates e-news at:
ReplyDeleteurnews4me/gmail
rubymoonstone at gmail dot com
Entered Misikko Flat Iron giveaway
ReplyDeleterubymoonstone at gmail dot com
blog follower
ReplyDeletemtakala1 AT yahoo DOT com
I'd like to try the Mild Milk Chocolate Bar.
ReplyDeletemtakala1 AT yahoo DOT com
I would most like to try the Spicy Huckleberry Dark Chocolate - now that's a flavour you won't find in Godiva!
ReplyDeleteThank you for the giveaway :)
hurdler4eva(at)gmail(dot)com
I entered your Misikko Professional flat-iron giveaway!
ReplyDeleteThank you for the giveaway :)
hurdler4eva(at)gmail(dot)com
I follow your blog with google friend connect!
ReplyDeleteThank you for the giveaway :)
hurdler4eva(at)gmail(dot)com
Spicy Old Fashioned Hot Chocolate
ReplyDeletemverno@roadrunner.com
I'd like to try the Mild Milk Chocolate Bar.
ReplyDeleteI'd like to try their Lavender Dark Chocolate and Spicy Orange Espresso Dark Chocolate. And I know my husband would love to try their spicy hot cocoa!
ReplyDeleterfshdw@yahoo.com
I'd like to try the Spicy Mint Bar
ReplyDeleteI'm a Facebook Fan (Miriam Tirips)
ReplyDeleteI follow you on Twitter (@WCatDD)
ReplyDeleteI entered the Misikko Professional Flat-Iron Giveaway
ReplyDeleteThe Spicy Orange Espresso.
ReplyDeleteThe Spicy Orange Espresso Dark Chocolate and the Sarsaparilla Milk chocolate sound yummy.
ReplyDeleteI like Mild_dbl_dark
ReplyDeleteid like to try the milk choc truffles and Lemonade White Chocolate Bar
ReplyDeleteitsmecristin@yahoo.com
i follow you on google
ReplyDeleteitsmecristin@yahoo.com
following georgiamist on twitter - crstniscpncrzy
ReplyDeleteitsmecristin@yahoo.com
following mysticraindrops on twitter - crstniscpncrzy
ReplyDeleteitsmecristin@yahoo.com
i signed up for the newsletter
ReplyDeleteitsmecristin@yahoo.com
tweet - http://twitter.com/crstniscpncrzy/status/10091866868
ReplyDeleteitsmecristin@yahoo.com
the lemonade white chocolate sounds great!
ReplyDeletei follow you on twitter - crownthequeen
ReplyDeleteim a google follower - crownthequeen
ReplyDeletei follow you on the facebook - danielle crown
ReplyDeletetweet http://twitter.com/crownthequeen/status/10094842947
ReplyDeletei follow mystic rain on twitter
ReplyDeleteim in the flatiron giveaway
ReplyDeleteI like this blog . . first time and will be back
ReplyDeleteI'd love to try the Spicy Raspberry Dark Chocolate truffle!
ReplyDeleteI would like to try the Mild Milk Chocolate Bar.
ReplyDeleteaustma7@aol.com
The Mild Milk Chocolate Bar is the one item I would like to try first. Thanks!
ReplyDeleteId like the orange and dark chocolate. Thankyou! :)
ReplyDeleteI like the Spicy Roasted Macadamia Nut Dark Bar.
ReplyDeletehoneybeez80@yahoo.com
Follow @GeorgiaMist on Twitter (Missybeez80)
ReplyDeletehoneybeez80@yahoo.com
I follow google friend connect.
ReplyDeletejenndiggy at gmail dot com
I'd love to try those habenero caramels.
ReplyDeletejenndiggy at gmail dot com
i would like to try Spicy Mint Milk Chocolate. i love mint. thanks
ReplyDeleteginnn7(at)yahoo(dot)com
I Follow Gathering My Roses
ReplyDeleteginnn7(at)yahoo(dot)com
Sign up for the Cowgirl Chocolates newsletter
ReplyDeleteginnn7(at)yahoo(dot)com
i entered the Black & chocolate purse hanger contest
ReplyDeleteginnn7(at)yahoo(dot)com
The Lavender Dark Chocolate bar sounds delicious!
ReplyDeletekatiekarr at gmail dot com
Spicy lime tequila bar
ReplyDeleteskyxsky27(at)gmail.com
Following @GeorgiaMist on Twitter, id-skyxsky27
ReplyDeleteFollowin Gathering My Roses PUBLICLY via Google Friend!
ReplyDeletetweet, http://twitter.com/skyxsky27/status/10158804772
ReplyDeleteFollowing @MysticRaindrops on Twitter, id- skyxsky27
ReplyDeleteI signed up for the cowgirl newsletter with this email- skyxsky27(at)gmail.com
ReplyDeleteI'd love to try the Double Dark Chocolate, Thanks!
ReplyDeletekimberlybreid at hotmail dot com
I signed up for the Cowgirl Newsletter, Thanks!
ReplyDeletekimberlybreid at hotmail dot com
I'm a Facebook Fan, Thanks!
ReplyDeletekimberlybreid at hotmail dot com
I'm following, Thanks!
ReplyDeletekimberlybreid at hotmail dot com
I have entered the Olay Contest, thanks!
ReplyDeletekimberlybreid at hotmail dot com
I'd like to try the Habanero Caramel.
ReplyDeleteI follow @GeorgiaMist on twitter as BBirdie2
ReplyDeleteI am a FB fan of Gathering My Roses (Judith Beach)
ReplyDeleteI follow @mysticraindrops on twitter as BBirdie2
ReplyDeleteI entered the Olay giveaway
ReplyDeleteSubscribed to Cowgirl Chocolates newsletter.
ReplyDeletePosted to my FB wall with link back:
ReplyDeletehttp://www.facebook.com/pages/Gathering-Roses-Journey-to-a-Healthier-Life/160312853450#!/?ref=home
Tweet:
ReplyDeletehttp://twitter.com/BBirdie2/status/10177592508
The spicy orange dark chocolate espresso sounds yummy. Thanks for the chance.
ReplyDeletemogrill@comcast.net
I would love to try the Habenero caramels!
ReplyDeleteflufffreebies@hotmail.com
I'd like to try the Lemonade White Chocolate. debsweeps4@yahoo.com
ReplyDeleteI want to try the saspirilla milk chocolate truffle bar. I love rootbeer and am very curious about this.
ReplyDeleteI would love to try the Lavender Dark Chocolate
ReplyDeleteI'd go with the mild milk chocolate bar.
ReplyDeletealso entered the purse hanger giveaway.
ReplyDeletejune_spirit2628 at hotmail dot com
I'd love to try the flavor Spicy Orange Espresso
ReplyDeletejune_spirit2628 at hotmail dot com
I have actually had some of these and they are excellent. Would like the Spicy Raspberry Dark Chocolate.
ReplyDeletecgclynsg0 at gmail dot com
Google friend follower
ReplyDeletecgclynsg0 at gmail dot com
Entered the Walmart giveaway.
ReplyDeletecgclynsg0 at gmail dot com
daily tweet, http://twitter.com/skyxsky27/status/10223570360
ReplyDeleteI'd like to try the spicy double dark chocolate truffles.
ReplyDeletei subscribe to their newsletter
ReplyDeletelauren51990 AT aol DOT com
i'd like to try the peanut brittle
ReplyDelete-lauren
lauren51990 AT aol DOT com
mmm! choccy!! i would love to try the Spicy Roasted Macadamia Nut Dark Bar!
ReplyDeletehttp://phranne.etsy.com
phranne@yahoo.com
following mystic raindrops too! @FlamingBlingy
ReplyDeletehttp://phranne.etsy.com
phranne@yahoo.com
following georgia mist on twitter @FlamingBlingy
ReplyDeletehttp://phranne.etsy.com
phranne@yahoo.com
entered the Joey Junior giveaway too 8)
ReplyDeletehttp://phranne.etsy.com
phranne@yahoo.com
These truffle bars sound decadent and yummy. I would love to try the Spicy Roasted Macadamia Nut Dark Chocolate Bar.
ReplyDeleteSo hard to choose only one thing as they all look really yummmmmmy! The Spicy Orange Espresso Bar would be my first choice.
ReplyDeleteI follow you on twitter @WendiP
ReplyDeletepublic follower
ReplyDeletekaryndontcry(At)yahoo.com
following @GeorgiaMist
ReplyDelete@Callasmama
karyndontcry(at)yahoo.com
This one sounds good! Spicy Roasted Macadamia Nut Dark Chocolate -
ReplyDeleteperfectly roasted macadamia nuts blended with deep dark chocolate
karyndontcry(at)yahoo.com
Also entered the Olay giveaway
ReplyDeletekaryndontcry(at)yahoo.com
tweeted
ReplyDeletehttp://twitter.com/CallasMama/status/10261084749
karyndontcry(At)yahoo.com
following @MysticRaindrops
ReplyDelete@Callasmama
karyndontcry(at)yahoo.com
daily tweet, http://twitter.com/skyxsky27/status/10272208311
ReplyDeleteI am a real Hazenut fan, so I think I'd go for the Spicy Hazelnut Milk Choc. Truffle! Yum!!
ReplyDeleteAngie
rennieangie at gmail dot com
http://twitter.com/CallasMama/status/10281308940
ReplyDeletekaryndontcry(At)yahoo.com
I want to try the habanero caramel! Woohoo!
ReplyDeletepoppcynthia@gmail.com
I would love to try the Lemonade White Chocolate Bar.
ReplyDeleteheatherdfawcett@yahoo(DOT)com
I'm a mint girl, so I'd have to go for the Spicy Mint!
ReplyDeletenfmgirl AT gmail DOT com
Tweet:
ReplyDeletehttp://twitter.com/nfmgirl/status/10300730763
nfmgirl AT gmail DOT com
I think the Lemonade White Chocolate sounds incredibly interesting! I'd be very interested to try it!!
ReplyDeletesilverbella11@gmail.com
daily tweet, http://twitter.com/skyxsky27/status/10331332631
ReplyDeleteI'd really enjoy the spicy hot chocolate!
ReplyDeleteI would love to try
ReplyDeleteCowgirl 1/2 Pound Spicy Cherry Mango Macademia Bark
vrtheriot@gmail.com
I am following via google
ReplyDeletevrtheriot@gmail.com
I entered the joey junior organizer giveaway
ReplyDeletevrtheriot@gmail.com
I habe also entered the Olay Total Effects giveaway.
ReplyDeleteThank you for all the opportunities to win these great items!!
samsam26@aol.com
I would also like to get one of the spicy Easter Bunnies. Thanks for the giveaway.
ReplyDeleteTweet:
ReplyDeletehttp://twitter.com/nfmgirl/status/10347102021
nfmgirl AT gmail DOT com
Mini habanero dark chocolate for me - you only live once!
ReplyDeleteFollowing GeorgiaMist on twitter as ky2here1.
ReplyDeleteGoogle friends connect follower kycouple2000.
ReplyDeleteHere's my tweet:
ReplyDeletehttp://twitter.com/ky2here1/status/10350765047
Oh, my. These sound divine. I'd like to try the good ole' milk chocolate and Raspberry lemonade dark chocolate. YUM!
ReplyDeleteI SO want to try the chipotle caramels! Oh my. We love everything chipotle.
ReplyDeletelauren.m.gibson AT gmail DOT com
I would love to try the Spicy Dark Huckleberry flavor!
ReplyDeletexmeliss182x (at) yahoo (dot) com
I am conventional so i'd try the mild milk chocolate bar....
ReplyDeleteFor some reason I have a hankering for the Spicy Roasted Macadamia Nut Dark Bar.... must be the West calling to me.
ReplyDeleteI am also a fan of Gathering My Roses on facebook :]
ReplyDeletekortneyispeace@aol.com
I'd like the lavender dark chocolate bar.
ReplyDelete--Brandy
fosterbrandy(at)msn(dot)com
Would love to try the Spicy Truffles
ReplyDeletegovivagirl @ hotmail dot com
retweeted @mb11fb
ReplyDeletegovivagirl @ hotmail dot com
Following you on twitter
ReplyDelete@mb11fb
http://twitter.com/CallasMama/status/10382397394
ReplyDeletekaryndontcry(at)yahoo.com
Tweet:
ReplyDeletehttp://twitter.com/nfmgirl/status/10385296437
nfmgirl AT gmail DOT com
daily tweet, http://twitter.com/skyxsky27/status/10386775361
ReplyDeleteI follow with google friend connect as luckycat1818.
ReplyDeleteluckycat1818(at)yahoo(dot)com
I would love to try their spicy mint truffle bar.
ReplyDeleteluckycat1818(at)yahoo(dot)com
I would love to try the Spicy Roasted Macadamia Nut Dark Chocolate, they sound delicious and unique.
ReplyDeleteI'd like to try the drinking chocolates
ReplyDeleteMIld milk chocolate.. mmmmmm
ReplyDeletelbaran. pcs @gmail.com
http://twitter.com/CallasMama/status/10434031036
ReplyDeletekaryndontcry(at)yahoo.com
Lemonade White Chocolate!
ReplyDeleteedgenemmers@gmail.com
Spicy orange dark chocolate espresso - sounds fantastic!
ReplyDeleteI'd love to try the Lavender Dark Chocolate Bar
ReplyDeleteI follow Gathering Roses on FB
ReplyDeleterobynlnorris
I follow you on Google Friend
ReplyDeleteI follow Georgia Mist on Twitter
ReplyDeletecontestrobyn
I tweeted
ReplyDeletehttp://twitter.com/contestrobyn/status/10441795047
I'd live to try the lemonade white chocolate.
ReplyDeletethank you
CeciRacine (at) gmail (dot) com
daily tweet, http://twitter.com/skyxsky27/status/10443793842
ReplyDeletei'd love to try the Spicy Roasted Macadamia Nut Dark Chocolate Truffle Bar! yum!
ReplyDeleteenchantedtree(at)hotmail.com
Heavens the only thing I really want to try FIRST would be the Habanero Caramels... Hubby and I like spice and I bet these would be great... weeshenanigans (At) gmail (dot) com
ReplyDeletei follow on gfc
ReplyDeletei really like the Spicy Orange Espresso Dark Chocolate thanks eaglesforjack@gmail.com
ReplyDeleteSpicy cappuccino sounds yummy!
ReplyDeletesoluckyducky at gmail dot com
Google friend connect follower
ReplyDeletesoluckyducky at gmail dot com
I would love to try the Spicy Old Fashioned Hot Chocolate.
ReplyDeletejandsfox_143@msn.com
I'd like to try Peanut Butter Brittle. Thanks!
ReplyDeleteI'd love to try the Spicy Lime Tequila Bar. Thanks.
ReplyDeletepresident(dot)peaches(at)hotmail(dot)com
Spicy Lime Tequila
ReplyDeletemild milk chocolate bar sounds good
ReplyDeleteEntered Misikko Flat Iron giveaway
ReplyDeleteI signed up for the Cowgirl Chocolates newsletter.
ReplyDeleteI follow through Google Friend Connect.
ReplyDeleteI'd like to try the Sarsaparilla Milk Chocolate truffle bar.
ReplyDeletehttp://twitter.com/skyxsky27/status/10483400587
ReplyDeleteI would love the Lavender Dark Chocolate. Thanks
ReplyDeletecharisscharity at yahoo dot com
following @GeorgiaMist on Twitter
ReplyDeleteccboobooy
charisscharity at yahoo dot com
follwoing your blog.
ReplyDeleteccboobooy/charity
charisscharity at yahoo dot com
fan on facebook.
ReplyDeletecharity/ccboobooy
charisscharity at yahoo dot com
tweet
ReplyDeletehttp://twitter.com/ccboobooy/status/10484216630
charisscharity at yahoo dot como
I'd like to try the Spicy Old Fashioned Hot Chocolate.
ReplyDeleteI follow GeorgiaMist on Twitter as Schmoolander
ReplyDeleteI follow Gathering My Roses with Google Connect
ReplyDeleteI am a fan of Gathering My Roses on Facebook.
ReplyDeleteI sent a tweet about the contest today http://twitter.com/Schmoolander/status/10484536711
ReplyDeleteI follow MysticRaindrops on twitter as Schmoolander
ReplyDeleteI would love to try the Spicy Orange Espresso Dark Chocolate, thanks!
ReplyDeleteHotsnotty2@hotmail.com
I would like to try the Mild Milk Chocolate Bar. garrettsambo@aol.com
ReplyDeleteI would like the Sarsaparilla Milk Chocolate.
ReplyDeletencschools at yahoo dot com
I follow you on twitter - ncschools
ReplyDeleteI follow your blog with google friend.
ReplyDeleteI would really like to try the habenero caramels.
ReplyDeletelongbarb1@aol.com
I tweeted.
ReplyDeletehttp://twitter.com/ncschools/status/10499686607