Pages

Sunday, April 11, 2010

Musselman's Healthy Picks: Review & Giveaway -- CONTEST CLOSED!

CONTEST CLOSED!


Our family was blessed to to asked by Musselman's to try out their new Healthy Picks line of products and we gladly accepted!

We received 3 samples of Mussleman's Healthy Picks, their newest applesauce flavours, Raspberry Acai, Blueberry Pomegranate and Key Lime Cupuacu. Even the names sound healthy!

What are Healthy Picks?

From the website:
Healthy Picks is Mussleman's newest product line of apple sauce designed specifically for people with active, healthy lifestyles.
Three delicious flavors, chock full of nutrients and amazing superfruits: Raspberry Acai, Blueberry Pomegranate and Key Lime Cupuacu.
Mussleman's newest apple sauce is made without added sugar and is a good source of fiber, calcium, vitamin C and antioxidants. Best of all, it tastes great!

As a grower owned cooperative, Musselman’s growers take special pride in providing only the highest quality apples for their products. When combined with the other product benefits mentioned, you can see why we are so excited about the quality of our apple sauce!


Review Daddy dove right in to the Key Lime Cupuacu (pronounced coo-pwah-su). Key Lime is a particularly favourite flavour around here! It doesn't disappoint!
There is bit of sharpness from the lime -- and the texture is marvelous -- thick with tiny chunks of apple and rich. Sweet, too! But there is NO sugar added at all!

We all love this flavour. Mike used his second cup of it to top crackers and cheese! You might not have thought of it, but it's a great snack.
Next, we tried the Blueberry Pomegranate -- my very favourite of the new flavours! The sweet aroma of the blueberry hits first, enticing you to take that first bite. The combination of blueberry and pomegranate is brilliant. Sweet with a hint of tartness... lovely colour... oh, yeah... this is my favourite of all!
Last but not least, we tried the Raspberry Acai. None of us are big raspberry fans, but we did like this!
It had a lovely flavour. The raspberry was not too over-powering. To me, it had the sharpest flavour of all. Tart and the sweetness was more subdued.
Later, I tried a couple of tablespoons over some vanilla ice cream and that was pretty good, too!
Liz liked it best right out of the cup.

Every flavour is blended perfectly. No one flavour over-powers the other. Balance is the key and Mussleman's has perfected it in these applesauce combinations.

Mussleman's is to be commended to their committment to making healthy products.

The wonderful folks at Musselman's are offering one lucky reader of Gathering My Roses a chance to win a sampling of the new Healthy Picks Applesauce Flavours and a neat little tote bag (perfect for carrying fruit)!

If you would like to try Musselman's new Healthy Picks for yourself just follow the entry instructions below!

***NOTICE: You MUST leave your email address in the body of your comment or make your email address visible in your profile. If I cannot contact you -- you can't win!***

Please leave a separate comment for EACH entry!

OPEN TO USA RESIDENTS ONLY, PLEASE!

MANDATORY ENTRY:

Visit Musselman's, then come back here and tell me two other Mussleman's products that you'd like to try!

ADDITIONAL ENTRIES:

1. Fan Musselman's on Facebook and post on their Wall -- tell them Terri & Liz from Gathering My Roses sent you!

2. Follow Gathering My Roses PUBLICLY via Google Friend Connect (Located on the sidebar)

3. Become a fan of Gathering My Roses on Facebook (link on Sidebar!)

4. Follow @GeorgiaMist on Twitter

5. Tweet about this contest (no more than once daily, please!)
@GeorgiaMist Win Musselman's Healthy Picks Applesauce from Gathering My Roses!
PLS RT! http://bit.ly/avaTTu

6. Post the link to this contest on your blog, Facebook, or MySpace page(s) and link back here!

7. Enter another contest on our blog and then come back and tell us which one.

This contest will be open from Sunday, April 11th until Sunday, April 18th. Winner will be announced on Monday, April 19th.

The Prize will be sent directly to the winner from Musselman.

DISCLOSURE: We received a complimentary sample of Healthy Picks Applesause for the purpose of review. We were under no obligation to review this item. We received no monetary compensation. The opinions expressed are based on our own use and experience with the item.

92 comments:

  1. I would like to try Musselman's Apple Butter and the Apple Cider drink. I use to buy the Apple butter, but haven't had any for long time. YUMMY!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd like to try the Apple Butter and the Musselman's Apple Sauce. Thanks for the review and giveaway!
    These flavors sound wonderful!
    jackievillano at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would like to try the apple cider and the regular apple sauce.

    hewella1@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would love to try the Spiced Apple Rings and the Apple Butter!
    Thank you for the giveaway :)
    hurdler4eva(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'd like to try the Apple Butter and Apple slices.
    winit6@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'd like to try the apple butter and apple cider.
    pkildow at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I would love to try Musselman's Organic Unsweetened Apple Sauce and Musselman’s Totally Fruit :) *Thanks* for the giveaway!
    theluckyladybug[at]gmail[dot]com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'd love to try the apple butter and apple juice by Musselman's.

    athurman78 @ gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  9. fanned Musselman's on FB: Anna Thurman
    posted on wall

    athurman78 @ gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I also entered the Switch It By Nan Mini-Purse Organizer giveaway
    theluckyladybug[at]gmail[dot]com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I entered the tartuga giveaway

    ReplyDelete
  12. my hubby would love the apple butter

    ReplyDelete
  13. SLICED APPLE AND APPLE JUICE


    snowyatnite@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Their No Sugar Added applesauce and their Apple Butter sound good.
    bebemiqui82(at)yahoo(dot)comf

    ReplyDelete
  15. I would like to try the totally fruit products - peach and strawberry!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Cherries jubilee and sliced apples

    ReplyDelete
  17. I would like to try Musselman's Apple Butter and the Apple Cider drink.

    ReplyDelete
  18. apple butter

    Thanks for entering me! Great Contest!

    Janna Johnson
    janna@FeedYourPigBlog.com
    jannajanna@hotmail.com
    www.FeedYourPigBlog.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. I would like to try the Apple Butter and the Totally Fruit! Looks YUMMY!

    ReplyDelete
  20. i follow you publicly via google friend connect (redfuzzycow)

    ReplyDelete
  21. i'm a facebook fan of musselman's (jen reda)

    ReplyDelete
  22. i entered the tortuga rum cake giveaway

    ReplyDelete
  23. i tweeted http://twitter.com/redfuzzycow/status/12109685290

    ReplyDelete
  24. i follow you on twitter (redfuzzycow)

    ReplyDelete
  25. Entered the Tortuga Rum Cake giveaway.

    s.mickelson at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  26. Apple Butter and Apple Cider. Both sound fantastic! Thanks for the giveaway.

    s.mickelson at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  27. i'm a GFC follower
    dilem.mama{AT}gmail{DOT}com

    ReplyDelete
  28. apple butter and friend apples woudl be my choices! YUMM!
    dilem.mama{AT}gmail{DOT}com

    ReplyDelete
  29. I'd love to try their apple butter or apple cider!

    Ally @ Sweet & Savory
    sweetandsavoryfood@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  30. I would LOVE to try Apple Butter.
    Thanks for the chance.
    mogrill@comcast.net

    ReplyDelete
  31. id liek to try the apple butter and spiced apple rings
    eod_army_wife04(at)yahoo(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  32. would like to try their apple juice and the totally fruit. joleehamlin@comcast.net

    ReplyDelete
  33. follow on gfc. joleehamlin@comcast.net

    ReplyDelete
  34. entered your Switch It giveaway
    yeloechikee at hotmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  35. I'd love to try the Musselman’s Premium Apple Juice and the Apple Butter.
    yeloechikee at hotmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  36. I want to try the Apple Butter and Apple Cider

    ReplyDelete
  37. I love the Musselman's Apple Butter

    susan56bft at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  38. Gathering My fan on Facebook
    id:Susan Claus

    susan56bft at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  39. Gathering My Rosespublic follower via Google

    susan56bft at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  40. Musselman's fan on Facebook
    id:Susan Claus
    Posted comment

    susan56bft at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  41. I'd love to try their apple juice, and since I've never had apple butter...I'd like to try that too.

    ReplyDelete
  42. Juice & Apple Butter.
    electricisland(at)gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  43. Followin @GeorgiaMist on Twitter, (id- electricisland)

    ReplyDelete
  44. I'd like to try these 2 Specialty Products: Cherries Jubilee and the Spiced Apple Rings!

    Nancy
    allibrary (at) aol (dot) com

    ReplyDelete
  45. We would like to try the apple juice and the apple butter-my husband especially the apple butter

    aunteegem@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  46. FB fan of yours-julie L

    aunteegem@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  47. I follow your blog as jelaws5

    aunteegem@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  48. FB fan of Musselman's-Julie A Scott Laws

    left message on wall :)

    aunteegem@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  49. I would like to try Musselman's Apple Butter and the Spiced Apple Rings!

    edgenemmers@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  50. I'd like to try the apple butter and apple cider. debsweeps4@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  51. I'd like to try the apple pie filling and the spiced apple rings.
    rsgrandinetti@yahoo(DOT)com

    ReplyDelete
  52. I entered the Clean Happens Giveaway.
    rsgrandinetti@yahoo(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  53. I entered the Tortuga Rum Cake Giveaway.
    rsgrandinetti@yahoo(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  54. I love their Apple Butter! I would love to try the sliced apples!

    flufffreebies@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  55. I'd like to try the apple butter and the key lime pie filling.

    ReplyDelete
  56. I'd like to try the apple juice and the key lime pie filling!

    ReplyDelete
  57. I'm a FB fan of Gathering my roses

    ReplyDelete
  58. I entered your Tortuga Rum Cake giveaway

    ReplyDelete
  59. tweet

    http://twitter.com/contestrobyn/status/12386803993

    ReplyDelete
  60. I'd like to try the apple butter and sliced apples.

    ms0812(at)zoominternet(dot)net

    ReplyDelete
  61. I would like to try the applesauce and the apple juice

    ReplyDelete
  62. I would like to try the Spiced Apple Rings and the Apple Butter--been a long time since I have had either of them.

    cgclynsg0 at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  63. Entered the Tortuga Rum Cake giveaway.

    cgclynsg0 at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  64. I'd like the Apple Butter and the Applesauce.

    ReplyDelete
  65. Fan Musselman's on Facebook and posted on their Wall and told them Terri & Liz from Gathering My Roses sent me

    ReplyDelete
  66. Applebutter & Apple cider yum

    scat41351@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  67. I'd like to try the Apple slices and the Apple Butter

    ReplyDelete
  68. I'd love to try the Spiced Apple Rings and the key lime pie filling. Thanks so much! pamelashockley(AT)netscape(DOT)net

    ReplyDelete
  69. Follower GFC (pamelashockley)
    Thanks so much! pamelashockley(AT)netscape(DOT)net

    ReplyDelete
  70. Apple Butter and Applesauce.

    ReplyDelete
  71. I want to try their apple butter and apple juice.

    ReplyDelete
  72. I would love to try their apple cider and the apple butter.

    ReplyDelete
  73. I would like the Apple Butter and the Musselman's Apple Sauce.
    donna444444@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  74. follow you on twitter.(donnak4)
    donna444444@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  75. I'd also like to try the apple butter and apple juice.

    runningmatey at hotmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  76. I wanna try the Lemon Creme Pie filling.


    clarkmurdock@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  77. I would like to try the Apple Juice and the Banana Creme Pie Filling. garrettsambo@aol.com

    ReplyDelete