Pages

Monday, September 21, 2009

ACCOUNTABILITY

You'll notice I've added two more tickers to the main page of this blog. One ticker (on the top of the page) logs in Miles Walked -- with a goal of 100 miles.
The ticker at the bottom of the page logs in Hours spent exercising.

Today, I spent 2 hours mowing the lawn (push mower) and burned a total of 1080 calories. I haven't done my mile walk around the neighbourhood yet, either! (Although, I have walked one mile in total today).

Yea, me!

This plateau has stressed me out -- but it's a plateau of my own making. I wasn't moving enough. I wasn't burning enough calories per day / week to add up to a loss of weight.

Time to change that and get myself in high gear.

I'm hoping that keeping a log of my time spent exercising will motivate me. Same with the miles walked log.

You know, this FEELS so right: my muscles are a bit sore and I'm tired. A good tired.

I still have one side of the yard to finish tomorrow as well as the back yard. That'll burn some calories.

I guess after that, I get to tackle our Library. Oh. Joy. ;0
Lifting and packing hardback books is so much fun!

Hey! I haven't jumped on the mini-tramp yet, either! That's another + in the calories burned column!

I'll have to do that after the Chorus Boosters meeting, though. I can't miss that as it's my DD's last year of Chorus before she starts College.
How did she talk me into volunteering this time?

I hope your evening is wonderful and your weigh-in is a positive!

3 comments:

  1. I like the idea of adding a ticker to count miles... I might try that at my blog. Cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The ticker ideas are great. Accountability has helped me a lot in times past but I've needed it to be the right time too. I hope the tickers work for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like your new ticker!

    This post made me tired just reading! lol Good job on all your activity!

    ReplyDelete