Tuesday, October 20, 2009

4 miles today!

I've walked 4 miles today -- walking 2 miles this morning and 2 miles along a different route this afternoon! GO ME! Of course, I don't think I'm finished... maybe one more loop around the neighbourhood before Biggest Loser comes on!

I'll tell you WHY tomorrow!

Go and check out Prior Fat Girl's blog today, it's all about the Potty Breaks! and she's got a great contest to go along with it!

Also, check out today's blog post from The Fab Fatties. It's all about FAT -- and Fat Acceptance.

The Fabs were responding to another blog -- which you can read here.

I don't "accept" the fact that I'm fat (overweight, obese, whatever you want to call it.)

I KNOW that I'm fat. What I don't accept is remaining fat. I wanted to change -- I am changing.

What is unacceptable is being unhealthy, unhappy, and uncomfortable. At 298 pounds, I was ALL of those things and more.

No, I'm not "skinny". I'm still obese, but working daily to CHANGE into a smaller, healthier me.

I will be successful because it's not acceptable to me to hide myself away, refuse to go out, refuse to have photos taken, wear clothes that are tent-like...

No, those days are over.

I accept the challenge to change.








4 comments:

Chibi said...

I always feel torn with the whole fat acceptance movement (I do prefer "size" acceptance) -- I can accept other people the way they are, but much like you, I can't accept me the way I am. And again, much like you, it's not because I'm "fat": it's because I'm unhappy and uncomfortable. That being said, my desire to lose weight and gain health/fitness feels like I'm thumbing my nose at at the FA movement. Maybe if it WAS called size acceptance I wouldn't feel like such a traitor.

Crys said...

There's a movie that centers around a Fat Acceptance group called "Disfigured". I just don't know what to think of it. I accept the person I am, but I for my health and well-being I need to change the body this person is in. I mostly think it's a crock too. I wonder if they felt like they had a choice, would they chose obesity.

Crys said...

There's a movie that centers around a Fat Acceptance group called "Disfigured". I just don't know what to think of it. I accept the person I am, but I for my health and well-being I need to change the body this person is in. I mostly think it's a crock too. I wonder if they felt like they had a choice, would they chose obesity.

Diane, Fit to the Finish said...

I think there's a difference between accepting yourself for who you are and being challenged to change due to a myraid of reasons.

I love your attitude and commitment!