Friday, January 1, 2010

2010 -- Welcome the New Year and a review of 2009!

Welcome 2010! To all of my readers, May your days be Blessed!

The New Year always approaches so fast once December comes jingle-belling our way. I'm never quite prepared for it. This year was no different.
I've been sick since October, first with the flu, then with bronchitis.

I'm finally well, but it's taken a bit of a toll on me.

Now, however, I am ready (and willing!) to get back on the right track.
Yes, I've gained 5 pounds since I was taken ill -- but that's okay. I'll take it in stride and just work it off.

Last year, on New Year's Day 2009, I weighed in a 298 pounds. Today, I'm at 239.

Big difference.

NYD 2009, I wasn't a happy person. I was out-of-control with my eating. I lived on Pepsi. I never walked... even to my mailbox just down the road.

I made a lot of changes in 2009. I stopped drinking colas, sweet tea, and coffee with gobs of sugar.
I started eating breakfast every morning... and no eating after 8:00 p.m.
I tried (and liked) yogurt, hummus, and steamed veggies...
All of these were really small steps and led to big changes in my appearance and health.
The hardest thing to do, for me, was to start walking. It hurt. It hurt because I wasn't used to it. But it didn't take long at all to really get into the swing of it.

I am so amazed that I stuck with all of these things throughout the year.

Even the past two months, being sick, I didn't just "give it up". Oh, I had bad days... eating too much, eating the wrong things, but I didn't just let it all go.

NYD 2010 -- I'm very happy. I eat good, clean, healthy food. I drink water (no pepsi!), and I walk for miles without stopping for rest or becoming Short of breath.

I am re-arranging certain of my goals, too. My goal for this year is to lose 50 pounds... not necessarily to reach my final goal! I am deliberately taking some of the stress off of myself. 50 pounds is a little less than 1 pound per week. If I DO lose more, that's just sugar-free icing on the sugar-free cake! :)

I may be making a few changes to my blog as well. I'm thinking of adding a place especially for reviews & giveaways -- those are very popular and I do enjoy introducing my friends to new products.

I have a lot to do today. We're having Hoppin' John (that's black-eyed peas, sliced onion, and ham cooked together and served over rice), fresh snap beans, and cornbread for dinner. My final indulgence of the Holiday Season.

Here's hoping your 2010 brings you health, happiness, and success!

(PS: LARA BAR review & giveaway coming soon!)





3 comments:

Retta said...

Wow, you've made several solid, healthy changes this last year! Wonderful progress. And losing 50 MORE can only make you feel that much better.

I'm glad you are finally getting over all the illness. I think it's wise that you chose goals that don't put too much stress on you. You are still getting your strength back!
Have a wonderful, successful 2010!
Loretta
=^..^=

Christine Jeske said...

Congrats on all your healthy changes in 2009 and may 2010 bring you the very best! ♥

Lynn said...

Awesome work this last year! To me, they do not seem like small steps but great changes that will help you meet you goals!

Good luck in 2010!