Pages

Monday, March 22, 2010

The Derin Collection: Review & Giveaway CONTEST CLOSED!

CONTEST CLOSED!!!





A couple of weeks ago, Liz and I were blessed to receive a gorgeous Lilac Mini-Hipster from The Derin Collection.

This is quite the amazing little bag! The Mini-Hipster is an 8" X 10" bag with adjustable straps, a zippered side pocket, and a zipper closure on top!
I am very impressed by this bag. As small as it seems, it holds a LOT of items! I have my keys, small brush, wallet, ibuprofen (don't ask), Rosary (which I carry everywhere), and my ever-present purse hanger tucked inside!

I also love it because it's a cross-body! And that makes it a hands-free bag! Oh, did I need it the other night when Liz dragged her Daddy and me off to the Mall for Prom Dress hunting. I could hold her dresses (about 7 of them...) and not have to worry about my bag falling out of my hands or off of my shoulder.

Ah, security. Nothing better!

The Mini-Hipster is made of high-quality Turkish-themed fabric. The lining is a silky pale lilac. It's beautiful -- a work of art.

Now, I've had fabric bags before and wasn't too happy with the quality of the material. Not this time. This bag is very well-crafted and well-designed. It's snazzy and sassy, but it's sturdy! Gotta love that!
I'm certain Liz has plans for it -- but she probably will NOT get this one! ;0

So, who's behind the Derin Collection?

From the Website: Derin International dates back to a decade ago when, shortly after they were married, Sara and Ersan moved from New York City to Ersan’s native Istanbul . Surrounded by the natural beauty and ancient culture of Turkey , Ersan led Sara along the streets of his youth, introducing her to the city’s language and customs. They dreamed about a way to bring some part of it back with them to the states. While on one of their trips to the Grand Bazaar, where Ersan’s grandfather worked as a merchant for 70 years, they encountered small purses made out of replicas on traditional woven carpets. So taken with the beauty of the fabric, they were inspired to create their own fabrics and designs, more in tune with the American market. The response to their vision was overwhelming. Their new company was born and was, fittingly, named after their newborn son, Derin.






Derin International now exclusively designs the fabric and all the bags, accessories and shoes for their product lines which are all made in Istanbul , Turkey . Sara works with the weavers to create a color palate that meets the ever-changing fashion industry while staying true to classic carpet design.


Derin doesn't make only handbags, either. They also produce
Reusable Totes, Belts, Flip Flops, Stationery, Travel Bags, and Accesssories. There is something for everyone in their collection.
The colour selection at The Derin Collection is impressive: Coral, Subtle Pink, Eggplant, Ocean Blue, Pumpkin Spice, Slate Blue, Bordeaux, Terra Cotta Cream, Cafe Mocha and the brilliant new colours for this season of Teal, Lilac, and Raspberry!

Now is the PERFECT time to choose and purchase a new Handbag or accessory from The Derin Collection. You see, Derin is having a Warehouse Sale!
The Derin Warehouse sale will run from Friday, April 9 through Monday, April 12. It will be on the website (http://www.derincollection.com/) as well as in the warehouse in Red Hook, NY. With bargains of 30-80% off retail prices! Don't let this sale pass you by!

The friendly folks at The Derin Collection would love to connect with you! They love feedback from their customers!




To connect with them, just follow @DerinCollection on Twitter and fan Derin-International on Facebook.

Derin has generously offered one of our readers a chance to win a
Mini-Hipster to call their own in the colour of the winner's choice! How cool is that?
Just follow the entry instructions below for your chance to win!

Open to USA only, please!

***NOTICE: You MUST leave your email address in the body of your comment or make your email address visible in your profile. If I cannot contact you -- you can't win!***

Please leave a separate comment for EACH entry!

MANDATORY ENTRY: Visit The Derin Collection and pick out the colour of the Mini-Hipster that you'll want if you win this contest! Come back and leave the info in your comment. If you do not post the mandatory entry, your other entries will be discarded!

Additional Entries:

1. Pick out another item that you'd like to own from The Derin Collection!

2. Fan Derin-International on Facebook and Tell them the gals at Gathering My Roses sent you!

3. Follow @DerinCollection on Twitter.

4. Follow @GeorgiaMist on Twitter

5. Fan Gathering My Roses on Facebook (click link on sidebar)

6. Follow us publicly via Google Friend Connect (link on sidebar)

7. Tweet about this contest (no more than once daily, please!) then come back here and leave your Twitter status URL.
@GeorgiaMist @DerinCollection Win a Derin Collection Mini-Hipster from Gathering My Roses! Ends 3/30/10.
PLS RT http://bit.ly/9g8TL9

8. Enter another contest on our blog and then come back and tell us which one.

This contest ends on March 30, 10

DISCLOSURE: We received a complimentary Derin Mini-Hipster for the purpose of review. We were under no obligation to review this item. We received no monetary compensation. The opinions expressed are based on our own use and experience with the item.








189 comments:

  1. Hi,

    I would love to win the Mini Hipster in Subtle Pink.

    cushycottage@gmail.com

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd love to enter for the Teal Mini-Hipster, Thanks!!

    kimberlybreid at hotmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd love to own the Hale in the Teal color, Thanks!

    kimberlybreid at hotmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm following Gathering My Roses, Thanks!

    kimberlybreid at hotmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm a Gathering My Roses Facebook Fan, Thanks!

    kimberlybreid at hotmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have entered the Miche Bag contest, Thanks!

    kimberlybreid at hotmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this in the Teal. I could really use this.

    chipdip2010(at)hotmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Following with Google Friend Connect - Chip

    chipdip2010(at)hotmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm a fb fan of Gathering My Roses - Jill L

    chipdip2010(at)hotmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Became fan of Derin International and left them a message - Jill L

    chipdip2010(at)hotmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love their Backpack in Citrus Pink.

    chipdip2010(at)hotmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the Cafe Mocha color.

    clenna at aol dot com

    ReplyDelete
  13. I became a fan of Derin International on facebook and left them a message.

    clenna at aol dot com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Another item I love is the Flip Flops in Subtle Pink.

    clenna at aol dot com

    ReplyDelete
  15. I became a follower

    clenna at aol dot com

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm a fan of Gathering My Roses on Facebook.

    clenna at aol dot com

    ReplyDelete
  17. I entered the Miche Bag giveaway.

    clenna at aol dot com

    ReplyDelete
  18. I entered the Miche Bag giveaway.

    clenna at aol dot com

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love Pumpkin Spice...really tough choice tho!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I follow you on Twitter. bvbabybv

    ReplyDelete
  21. I follow Derin Collection on twitter. bvbabybv

    ReplyDelete
  22. I fanned Derin Collection on FB and posted. Mam Waters

    ReplyDelete
  23. I am your fan on FB. Mam Waters.

    ReplyDelete
  24. I entered the Miche Bag contest.

    ReplyDelete
  25. I entered the Miche Bag giveaway.
    melaniecalcut@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  26. I LOVE the Lilac one. This Hipster is the perfect size. I have three boys under the age 4 so i love the idea of being hands-free. I can never find my keys in my diaper bag that i am currently using as a purse so i love that this has s large exterior zippered pocket for my keys. I usually am searching for my keys and my boys loose patients and start to run of in parking lots. I would love to win this for many reasons. Thanks for the chance.
    melaniecalcut@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  27. Melanie Calcut is a fan Derin-International on Facebook and I told them the gals at Gathering My Roses sent you!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Melanie Calcut is a fan of Gathering My Roses on Facebook

    ReplyDelete
  29. harriatsu@gmail.com, i would like the derya belt! especially since all these flowery items are so hip now. :P

    ReplyDelete
  30. just became a google follower!
    harriatsu@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  31. harriatsu@gmail.com

    The Mini Hipster in Subtle Pink is also fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  32. I also like the francis bag

    chevybelair1 at juno dot com

    ReplyDelete
  33. done: Fan Derin-International on Facebook and Tell them the gals at Gathering My Roses sent you!

    ReplyDelete
  34. Follow @DerinCollection on Twitter.

    ReplyDelete
  35. Fan Gathering My Roses on Facebook

    ReplyDelete
  36. Follow @GeorgiaMist on Twitter

    id:jennifer57

    ReplyDelete
  37. Oh, this was a hard decision...I would choose the Cafe Mocha.
    cspmom at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  38. I also like the Derin Handbag.
    cspmom at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  39. I am a fan of Derin-International on facebook and left a guess who sent me post.http://www.facebook.com/pages/Derin-International-Inc/31245444261?v=feed&story_fbid=376991564261&ref=mf
    cspmom at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  40. I follow DerinCollection on twitter.
    cspmom at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  41. I am a fan on facebook.
    cspmom at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  42. I follow GeorgiaMist on twitter. Yvonne5987
    cspmom at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  43. I entered the miche bag giveaway.
    cspmom at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  44. Tweet! http://twitter.com/Yvonne5987/status/10976578396
    cspmom at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  45. My favorite is Grass Green.
    monster6236(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  46. tweet http://twitter.com/5memb/status/10979922757
    monster6236(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  47. I like the grass green one!!! :)


    thecountryblossom AT hotmail DOT com

    ReplyDelete
  48. I would also LOVE to win the Amy bag!!!


    thecountryblossom AT hotmail DOT com

    ReplyDelete
  49. I follow DerinCollection on Twitter! KatyLMA


    thecountryblossom AT hotmail DOT com

    ReplyDelete
  50. I follow your blog via Google Friend Connect!

    thecountryblossom AT hotmail DOT com

    ReplyDelete
  51. I follow GeorgiaMist on Twitter! KatyLMA


    thecountryblossom AT hotmail DOT com

    ReplyDelete
  52. I would love the mini hipster in Mocha. Thanks for the chance.
    mogrill@comcast.net

    ReplyDelete
  53. Love to have the bag in 'Citrus Pink', it's fresh & Spring/Summery! Thanks for this great giveaway!

    1955nursehjc4me@myway(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  54. I'd also love to have the wristlet (for quick shopping trips!) and the Train case for travelling. Great blog you have here ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  55. Just signed up to follow you on GFC - how'd i miss THIS blog for so long?!?!?!? Thanks for the chance to win ;)

    1955nursehjc4me@myway(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  56. Entering your 'Miche' bag giveaway - thanks for the chance to win!

    ReplyDelete
  57. I love the messenger bag!

    brittanbsmith(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  58. I would love it in grass green!

    brittanbsmith(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  59. I love the Mini-Hipster in Lilac!

    musicxisxlovex19(at)aim(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  60. I love the Frances bag in Bordeaux!

    musicxisxlovex19(at)aim(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  61. Facebook fan of yours!

    ReplyDelete
  62. Facebook fan of Derin international!

    musicxisxlovex19(at)aim(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  63. Entered the Miche Bag giveaway!

    musicxisxlovex19(at)aim(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  64. Follow you on gfc
    musicxisxlovex19(at)aim(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  65. Teal all the way.
    scat41351@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  66. I like the flip flops in the Derin
    collection. any color I'd probably
    get several pairs over the summer
    scat41351@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  67. miriam dot nussbaum at gmail
    i'd love the mini hipster in terra cotta cream!

    ReplyDelete
  68. miriam dot nussbaum at gmail
    i love the messenger bag, especially in bodrum blue!

    ReplyDelete
  69. also entered miche bag
    miriam dot nussbaum at gmail

    ReplyDelete
  70. miriam dot nussbaum at gmail
    google follower

    ReplyDelete
  71. I would love to win the mini hipster in turqouise.

    mislove13[at]hotmail[dot]com

    ReplyDelete
  72. I also like the slate blue Suzan handbag from the Derin Collection.

    mislove13@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  73. I entered the Miche Bag giveaway.
    couponsiwant(at)verizon(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  74. I would love the Slate Blue.
    couponsiwant(at)verizon(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  75. I'd choose Cafe Mocha. Thanks for the chance!

    ReplyDelete
  76. I'd also like to own the Aylin handbag in teal

    ReplyDelete
  77. FB fan of Derin International & left note on wall

    ReplyDelete
  78. I'd love the Mini Hipster in Grass Green.
    michelle dot lee dot carter at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  79. I'd also like to have their Messenger Bag - very nice!
    michelle dot lee dot carter at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  80. I love the Terracotta Cream color!

    MJ using hubby's google account
    butterflyrouge(at)yahoo(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  81. I am a facebook fan of Derin, under the name MJ Moore.

    MJ using hubby's google account
    butterflyrouge(at)yahoo(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  82. I also like the ID Key Chain!


    MJ using hubby's google account
    butterflyrouge(at)yahoo(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  83. I am following via Google Friend Connect under MJ!

    MJ using hubby's google account
    butterflyrouge(at)yahoo(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  84. i like cafe mocha
    vickers at comcast dot net

    ReplyDelete
  85. My favorite color is the ocean blue.

    mia at jacobsracing dot com

    ReplyDelete
  86. If I win I would love the Slate Blue mini Hipster.

    ReplyDelete
  87. Another item from the Derin Collection I would love to own is the Denim Blue Flip Flops!

    ReplyDelete
  88. I am now following DerinCollection on twitter.(terri142)

    ReplyDelete
  89. I am now a facebook fan of Derin International and posted on the wall!

    ReplyDelete
  90. I follow you on twitter.(terri142)

    ReplyDelete
  91. I follow you publicly via google friend connect.

    ReplyDelete
  92. I am a facebook fan of Gathering Roses!

    ReplyDelete
  93. tweet!

    http://twitter.com/terri142/status/11192568142

    ReplyDelete
  94. I like the overnight bags, too.

    ReplyDelete
  95. I also love the "Frances" and the "Derin Handbag."

    ReplyDelete
  96. I would love to win the Mini Hipster in the color Cafe Mocha.

    janetfaye (at) gmail (dot) com

    ReplyDelete
  97. I like Flip Flops - Citrus Pink.

    janetfaye (at) gmail (dot) com

    ReplyDelete
  98. I follow Derin Collection on Twitter - Janetfaye

    janetfaye (at) gmail (dot) com

    ReplyDelete
  99. I follow you on GFC - janetfaye

    janetfaye (at) gmail (dot) com

    ReplyDelete
  100. I follow Georgia Mist on Twitter - Janetfaye

    janetfaye (at) gmail (dot) com

    ReplyDelete
  101. Fan of Derin-International on Facebook - Janet Fri and I left the message.

    janetfaye (at) gmail (dot) com

    ReplyDelete
  102. Gathering Roses Facebook Fan - Janet Fri

    janetfaye (at) gmail (dot) com

    ReplyDelete
  103. I entered Big Kahuna! BKW Seasonings.

    janetfaye (at) gmail (dot) com

    ReplyDelete
  104. I entered CLIPA: Instant Handbag Hanger.

    janetfaye (at) gmail (dot) com

    ReplyDelete
  105. daily tweet http://twitter.com/5memb/status/11248787417
    monster6236(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  106. I'd love to win the mini-hipster in eggplant...thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  107. I would love the teal mini hipster.

    samsakara@twcny.rr.com

    ReplyDelete
  108. Wow so many great colors to choose from. After long deliberation, Raspberry is my favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  109. My other favorite item is the Sally bag in Grass Green.

    ReplyDelete
  110. Following DerinCollection on Twitter. I'm @yazberryfashion

    ReplyDelete
  111. I'm following @GeorgiaMist on twitter. I'm @yazberryfashion

    ReplyDelete
  112. I'm following gathering roses on facebook.

    ReplyDelete
  113. I'm following your blog via Google Friend Connect

    ReplyDelete
  114. I would love to win the mini hipster in Raspberry-beautiful

    aunteegem@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  115. FB fan of Derin-Julie A Scott Laws

    left message on their wall :)

    aunteegem@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  116. FB fan of yours Julie A Scott Laws

    aunteegem@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  117. Another product I love are the flip flops in citrus pink thank you very much for the giveaway

    aunteegem@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  118. I would like the lilac mini-hipster

    crazywriter@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  119. I would love the lilac wallet to match

    crazywriter@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  120. I'd love the Mini Hipster in grass green (or maybe teal...love them both!!) Thanks so much! pamelashockley(AT)netscape(DOT)net

    ReplyDelete
  121. Ohhhh....And I'd like a pair of the cute flip flops in subtle pink. How cute to have a purse and flip flops that match! Thanks so much! pamelashockley(AT)netscape(DOT)net

    ReplyDelete
  122. I like slate blue

    jenniferhuff [at] gmail [dot] com

    ReplyDelete
  123. I would also like the eyeglass case

    jenniferhuff [at] gmail [dot] com

    ReplyDelete
  124. The flip flops are sooo cute especially the citrus pink

    dispatcher_kristy@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  125. Facebook fan of Derin-International and posted on their wall (id Kristy Marie)

    dispatcher_kristy@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  126. Follow @DerinCollection on Twitter- mommy_to_2_chis

    dispatcher_kristy@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  127. following publicly

    dispatcher_kristy@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  128. Follow @GeorgiaMist on Twitter- mommy_to_2_chis

    dispatcher_kristy@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  129. Fan Gathering My Roses on Facebook- Kristy marie

    dispatcher_kristy@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  130. I like the Pumpkin Spice color.

    ReplyDelete
  131. I liked most of the colours but settled on the Chocolate Rose.

    lighthousee27(at)gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  132. I'd like to won the Aylin handbag in Teal also!

    lighthousee27(at)gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  133. I'm Following @GeorgiaMist on Twitter, id- litehouse27

    ReplyDelete
  134. I'm Followin @DerinCollection on Twitter,, id- litehouse27

    ReplyDelete
  135. tweeted, http://twitter.com/litehouse27/status/11300598612

    ReplyDelete
  136. I'm following you thru google friend connect as Lighthouse27

    lighthousee27{at}gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  137. I alos like the Derin Handbag in Grass Green. trinitygsd at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  138. I would love the win the mini hipster in Pumpkin Spice.

    trinitygsd at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  139. Fanned Derin-International on FB and commented: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Derin-International-Inc/31245444261?v=feed&story_fbid=378663479261&ref=mf

    trinitygsd at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  140. Follow @GeorgiaMist on Twitter (@happishopr). trinitygsd at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  141. Follow @DerinCollection on Twitter (@happishopr). trinitygsd at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  142. Gathering My Roses FB fan (laura g). trinitygsd at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  143. Tweeted: http://twitter.com/happishopr/status/11312252095

    trinitygsd at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  144. Hi,

    I love the grass greens thanks for the chance to win eaglesforjack@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  145. i am a facebook fan of yours (mrstinareynolds)

    ReplyDelete
  146. I love the teal color!

    ajolly1456 at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  147. I'd also like to own the Frances shoulder bag.

    ajolly1456 at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  148. I follow derin on twitter, lunaj1456

    ReplyDelete
  149. I am a facebook fan (Anne Jolly) of Derin and wrote on their wall

    ajolly1456 at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  150. I follow on google friend connect

    ReplyDelete
  151. I follow georgiamist on twitter, lunaj1456

    ReplyDelete
  152. I tweeted
    http://twitter.com/lunaj1456/status/11325039791

    ReplyDelete
  153. I am a facebook fan (Anne Jolly) of yours

    ReplyDelete
  154. I would choose the Grass Green I think, though it's a really hard choice!

    Corrie Gompf
    supermomonwheels(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  155. I would like to have the Amy in Lilac as well!

    Corrie Gompf
    supermomonwheels(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  156. FB fan of Derin International
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Derin-International-Inc/31245444261?v=feed&story_fbid=378742669261&ref=mf

    Corrie Gompf
    supermomonwheels(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  157. Following Derin Collection on Twitter @supermaonwheels

    Corrie Gompf
    supermomonwheels(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  158. Tweet http://twitter.com/supermaonwheels/status/11325929270

    Corrie Gompf
    supermomonwheels(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  159. Following on twitter @supermaonwheels

    Corrie Gompf
    supermomonwheels(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  160. Following via GFC

    Corrie Gompf
    supermomonwheels(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  161. I'm a FB fan
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Gathering-Roses-Journey-to-a-Healthier-Life/160312853450?v=feed&story_fbid=378760643450&ref=mf

    Corrie Gompf
    supermomonwheels(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  162. I LOVE the Olive Green!!

    THANK YOU!! alisonad23 at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  163. I also like the Aylin in Subtle Pink!

    THANK YOU!! alisonad23 at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  164. I now follow GeorgiaMist on Twitter (surromama2). :D

    THANK YOU!! alisonad23 at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  165. I follow DerinCollection on Twitter (surromama2).

    THANK YOU!! alisonad23 at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  166. I'm a fan of Derin International, Inc on Facebook and I posted on their wall. :D

    THANK YOU!! alisonad23 at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  167. I'm following you via Google Friend Connect. :D

    THANK YOU!! alisonad23 at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  168. I'm a fan of Gathering Roses on Facebook. :D

    THANK YOU!! alisonad23 at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  169. I became a fan of Derin-International on Facebook and told them you sent me.

    ReplyDelete
  170. Thanks for the offer! I would like to win the Lilac Mini Hipster.

    bbartley9@comcast.net

    ReplyDelete