Pages

Friday, April 30, 2010

KURA DESIGNS: Pretty In Pink Review & Giveaway CLOSED!

CONTEST CLOSED!

It's better to be looked-over than over-looked!



A few weeks ago, Liz and I discovered the beautiful handbags of Margo Schlossberg of KuraDesign.
Margo blessed us with the very beautiful, stylish, and deeply meaningful Pretty In Pink Breast Cancer Awareness Special Bag.

This bag touches us on so many levels. It's simple, yet elegant. It's bold, yet soothing. And it is filled with hope for a future without Breast Cancer.




Margo took her love and concern for those who have suffered with Breast Cancer and designed a bag that expresses the brave, enduring spirit of those who have fought and won.
Liz and I love this bag -- for that reason and more.

The bag is... stunning. The pictures you see just cannot do it justice. It's no lightweight piece of fluff, either! It's has substance (a tribute to Margo's forethought!). The long chain and brass-styled metal fittings are slightly heavy and the beading adds a bit of weight, too. But it isn't too heavy or clumsy in any way.
The finial on the snap-top closure is studded with rhinestones to add that bit more glamour to the bag. It's a joy to carry this bag.

I'm so pleased that the bag can be carried in three different ways, too: as a cross-body or on the shoulder (with the chain) or just by the handles.

The beads... what can I say? I love beaded bags! They add so much flair and panache to a handbag! The pink and white stripes give this bag energy and movement.

The interior is a luscious chocolate brown with a small zippered pocket for small items. It holds a fairly large amount of items as well. I had my phone, small change purse / ID holder, comb, and keys in it!

There is nothing I dislike about this bag.

It's the bag I'll be carrying this week when Mike and I celebrate our 20th Anniversary. (4 days and counting!)

Liz and I are dedicated to bring attention to Breast Cancer Awareness and Research and we have a deep respect for Companies that support the cause. KuraDesign is one of those companies.

From the website:
Pretty in Pink, to help breast cancer awareness. 10% of the proceeds of this bag will go towards helping young women with breast cancer. Look gorgeous while you help the fight.





Margo also offers lovely, whimsical hairbands and barettes for Breast Cancer Awareness. They are available on the KuraDesign Website





KuraDesign also makes other gorgeous handbags! Each one more beautiful than the last. The prices are amazing -- Most of them under $100. I seriously would've expected higher prices for the quality of style, design, and workmanship! Buy Margo's bags and be impressed! Liz and I certainly are!





Margo believes that It's better to be looked-over, than over-looked! and we couldn't agree more! You will definitely NOT be over-looked when carrying one of Margo's bags. Or... wearing one of the delightful headbands, clips, or rosettes!




You can connect with Margo and KuraDesign on her Social Pages:
@margoschloss on Twitter and on Facebook

Margo has generously offered one of our readers the chance to own the Pretty In Pink Breast Cancer Awareness Special Bag.




Please follow the instructions below for your chance to win this stunning handbag from
KuraDesign

Open to USA only, please.

***NOTICE: You MUST leave your email address in the body of your comment or make your email address visible in your profile.
If I cannot contact you -- you can't win!***


Please leave a separate comment for EACH entry!

MANDATORY ENTRY: Visit KuraDesign and tell me another bag that you like and would like to have!

ADDITIONAL ENTRIES:

1. Follow Margo / KuraDesign on Facebook and post on her Wall -- tell her Terri & Liz from Gathering My Roses sent you!

2. Follow @margoschloss on Twitter

3. Follow Gathering My Roses PUBLICLY via Google Friend Connect (Located on the sidebar)

4. Become a fan of Gathering My Roses on Facebook (link on Sidebar!)

5. Follow @GeorgiaMist on Twitter

6. Tweet about this contest (no more than once daily, please!)
@GeorgiaMist @margoschloss Win a Pretty In Pink Handbag from Gathering My Roses!
Ends 5/101/10 http://bit.ly/cUXArX PLS RT!

7. Post the link to this contest on your blog, Facebook, or MySpace page(s) and link back here!

8. Enter another contest on our blog and then come back and tell us which one.

This contest will be open from Sunday, May 2nd until Monday, May 10th. Winner will be announced on Tuesday, May 11th.

The Pretty In Pink handbag will be emailed directly to the winner from KuraDesign.

DISCLOSURE: We received a Pretty In Pink handbag for the purpose of review. We were under no obligation to review this item. We did not receive any monetary compensation. The opinions expressed herein are our own and based on our own personal use of and experience with the handbag.

189 comments:

  1. I love the Red Whine bag!

    SIMSHABS@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Following Margo on twitter @bitsybitsybitsy

    SIMSHABS@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Following you on twitter @bitsybitsybitsy.

    SIMSHABS@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am a fan on facebook!

    SIMSHABS@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Following you via google friend.

    SIMSHABS@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations on your upcoming anniversary!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The Swirls for Girls purse

    molls94@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. following @margoschloss on twitter

    bethwillis01

    bethwillis01@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like the all about pink bag

    bethwillis01@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. tweeted

    http://twitter.com/bethwillis01/status/13258780722

    bethwillis01@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. following @georgiamist on twitter

    bethwillis01

    bethwillis01@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. blog follower- google

    bethwillis01@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am following Margo/Kura Design on Facebook.

    SIMSHABS@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm a follower
    Ladytink_534(at)yahoo(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  15. My favorite item is the Foxy Feathers clutch
    Ladytink_534(at)yahoo(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  16. paper to pearls is the one I like

    ReplyDelete
  17. The Red Whine handbag is lovely...but, they all are!

    Thanks a million for this fantastic giveaway! Super excited!

    Liberty_belle22[at]yahoo[dot]com

    ReplyDelete
  18. The Red Whine handbag is lovely! But, I like them all!

    Thanks a million for this fantastic giveaway! Super excited!

    Liberty_belle22[at]yahoo[dot]com

    ReplyDelete
  19. All About Silver
    melissabecker at gmaildotcom

    ReplyDelete
  20. The Paper to Pearls bag is gorgeous and I love the story behind it.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I follow Gathering My Roses PUBLICLY via Google Friend Connect.

    ReplyDelete
  22. All about silver
    daunfamily@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. Follow margo on twitter
    daunfamily@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. Follow georgia mist on twitter

    ReplyDelete
  25. Entered the badge holders giveaway!
    daunfamily@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  26. I really like the sexy swirls bag.
    Thanks!
    shecandoit73@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  27. I also would like to own the City Lights Gold bag.

    ReplyDelete
  28. I Follow @margoschloss on Twitter.
    @winsome6

    ReplyDelete
  29. I Follow Gathering My Roses PUBLICLY via Google Friend Connect.

    ReplyDelete
  30. I Follow @GeorgiaMist on Twitter.
    @winsome6

    ReplyDelete
  31. I'm a fan of Gathering My Roses on Facebook.

    ReplyDelete
  32. I love the Balance tote!
    jedoggett@embarqmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  33. tweeted http://twitter.com/annedoggett/status/13283678447

    ReplyDelete
  34. I am following @margoschloss on twitter @annedoggett

    ReplyDelete
  35. Entered the Rockstar Accessories badge giveaway.

    ReplyDelete
  36. I am following @GeorgiaMist on twitter @annedoggett

    ReplyDelete
  37. I love, love, love the red swirls bag...super dang cute!

    heatherdemke(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  38. I like the Pink Rich Girl Tote.
    traymona[at]aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  39. follow you on twitter (Missybeez80)

    honeybeez80@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  40. I like the, It's Easy Being Green bag.
    honeybeez80@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  41. tweet
    http://twitter.com/miryfaye/status/13313244594

    miryfaye at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  42. I would also love the Balance tote

    miryfaye at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  43. I love the All About Silver bag!

    samyrocks92 at msn dot com

    ReplyDelete
  44. I follow Margo / KuraDesign on Facebook and posted on her wall!

    ReplyDelete
  45. I follow @GeorgiaMist on Twitter

    ReplyDelete
  46. I became a fan of Gathering My Roses on Facebook

    ReplyDelete
  47. I follow Gathering My Roses PUBLICLY via Google Friend Connect

    ReplyDelete
  48. I follow @margoschloss on Twitter

    ReplyDelete
  49. tweeted http://twitter.com/annedoggett/statuses/13328340409

    ReplyDelete
  50. I'd like the Balance Bag. It's a beaded bronze tote.

    bgcchs(at)yahoo(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  51. I am in love with the "all about pink" animal print bag!

    celestia dot price at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  52. I really like the Kitten bag.

    Thanks for the chance to win!

    --Liza

    ejm6x (at) yahoo (dot) com

    ReplyDelete
  53. I love the Season In Pink bag! I am such a pink girl :)
    chunkerton13@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  54. I love the black peacock purse, the haute chocolate and the red swirls!

    Holly Dai
    http://vintageorsew.blogspot.com
    hollydaiburlesque@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  55. tweet
    http://twitter.com/miryfaye/status/13371769275

    miryfaye at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  56. I like the Black Peacock bag - very pretty!!!

    ReplyDelete
  57. I like the Red Whine bag.

    couponboss at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  58. black peacock is my favorite!
    kevindormer at hotmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  59. swirls for girls! =]

    dyupp@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  60. The All About Pink Bag is my favorite!
    dmb161@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  61. I love the Sister Chic bag, thanks for the giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  62. i like the haute chocolate bag

    lauren51990 at aol dot com

    ReplyDelete
  63. follow georgia on twitter: @shootingstarmag

    lauren51990 at aol dot com

    ReplyDelete
  64. follow margo on twitter: @shootingstarmag

    lauren51990 at aol dot com

    ReplyDelete
  65. I like the sister chic handbag

    kerrie@mayansfamily.com

    ReplyDelete
  66. I follow gathering my roses publicly on gfc as degood

    kerrie@mayansfamily.com

    ReplyDelete
  67. I follow georgiamist on twitter as kmayans
    kerrie@mayansfamily.com

    ReplyDelete
  68. I follow margoschloss on twitter as kmayans

    kerrie@mayansfamily.com

    ReplyDelete
  69. I like the Foxy Feathers

    sturberry @ gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  70. Following Goergiamist on twitter
    pured0ve

    sturberry @ gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  71. Following with GFC

    sturberry @ gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  72. Following on twitter
    pured0ve

    sturberry @ gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  73. I like the red whine bag!
    Thanks for the chance.
    mogrill@comcast.net

    ReplyDelete
  74. tweeted http://twitter.com/annedoggett/statuses/13389374866
    jedoggett@embarqmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  75. Love the "Balance" bag.

    aluttrell at cox dot net

    ReplyDelete
  76. The Foxy Feathers purse is darling!

    ReplyDelete
  77. Following @GeorgiaMist on Twitter

    ReplyDelete
  78. I love the Pink Rich Girl Tote
    Pink Rich Girl Tote

    deb55106(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  79. tweeted http://twitter.com/annedoggett/statuses/13456189259
    jedoggett@embarqmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  80. I also entered the spa giveaway.

    celestia dot price at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  81. tweeted http://twitter.com/annedoggett/statuses/13522198180
    jedoggett@embarqmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  82. Another I like is the Cheetah in Blue bag. Thanks.
    partymix25(at)hotmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  83. I also love the Sister Chic bag!!
    Nice prices!
    Lisa
    Sommers@jvlnet.com

    ReplyDelete
  84. I love the sister chic bag!
    Sommers@jvlnet.com

    ReplyDelete
  85. season in pink and the black peacock are my favorites, the roses are so lovely
    ladycolmn(at)aol(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  86. I really love the It's Easy Being Green.

    design4less(at)yahoo(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  87. I love the Shimmer Me Purple bag.

    samsakara@twcny.rr.com

    ReplyDelete
  88. I love the Black Peacock bag! It's beautiful!

    lauren.m.gibson AT gmail DOT com

    ReplyDelete
  89. tweeted http://twitter.com/annedoggett/statuses/13576654824
    jedoggett@embarqmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  90. I would love to have Season in Pink! If that doesn't for some reason because it's not in stock, then I would have to go with Haute Chocolate.

    email: smlhowes@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  91. I follow Gathering My Roses publicly via Google Friend Connect (smlhowes)

    email: smlhowes@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  92. I adore the "Not your Grannie's Bag white." Oh, My. joleehamlin@comcast.net

    ReplyDelete
  93. follower. joleehamlin@comcast.net

    ReplyDelete
  94. I entered the Fantasy Jewelry Box giveaway.

    couponboss at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  95. I like the Balance bag. I would carry this pink bag proudly in memory of my mom who died from breast cancer at the age of 38.

    ReplyDelete
  96. Kathy N Scott sent a friend with request telling her you guys sent me.

    ReplyDelete
  97. idahomom7 is following margoschloss on twitter

    ReplyDelete
  98. Kathy N Scott likes you on facebook

    ReplyDelete
  99. idahomom is a google friend follower

    ReplyDelete
  100. idahomom7 is following GeorgiaMist on twitter

    ReplyDelete
  101. I really like the Silver HOTness bag
    jjak2003 at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  102. I follow GeorgiaMist through twitter (@jjak2003)
    jjak2003 at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  103. I follow MargoScholss through twitter (@jjak2003)
    jjak2003 at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  104. I follow through twitter and tweeted
    http://twitter.com/jjak2003/statuses/13617991856
    jjak2003 at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  105. tweeted http://twitter.com/annedoggett/statuses/13632934547
    jedoggett@embarqmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  106. Passion in White is my favorite.

    judy7885 at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  107. I went to the website and I totally fell in love with Kura Design Balance (http://www.kuradesign.com/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=shop.flypage&product_id=6&category_id=1&manufacturer_id=0&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=30)

    sswelham@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  108. How lovely! I also really like the Passion in White bag!

    annie(dot)milner(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  109. I follow your blog via GFC :)

    annie(dot)milner(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  110. I follow KuraDesign on Facebook (Annie Milner), and wrote on the Wall :)

    annie(dot)milner(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  111. I'm a fan of Gathering My Roses on Facebook (Annie Milner)

    annie(dot)milner(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  112. I also entered your Spa Naturals giveaway!

    annie(dot)milner(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  113. I would love to have the "Foxy Feathers" its so pretty :)

    aaron_amanda(at)live(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  114. I follow Margo on Twitter @Smile7891

    aaron_amanda(at)live(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  115. I follow Georgia Mist on Twitter @Smile7891

    aaron_amanda(at)live(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  116. I follow gathering my roses publicly on Google Friend Connect.

    aaron_amanda(at)live(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  117. my fav is the red whine bag!
    julieb82@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  118. I love the Sexy Swirls bag- sooo cute!
    Thanks for a great giveaway!

    emsfsemsfs@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  119. I follow via Google Friend: allibrary.

    Nancy
    allibrary (at) aol (dot) com

    ReplyDelete
  120. I like the Balance tote bag.

    Nancy
    allibrary (at) aol (dot) com

    ReplyDelete
  121. FB fan of yours Julie A Scott Laws

    aunteegem@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  122. tweeted http://twitter.com/annedoggett/statuses/13699515884
    jedoggett@embarqmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  123. Another bag I would like to have is the "Sister Chic"!
    kerriekg(at)yahoo(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  124. I Follow @margoschloss on Twitter
    @36momma
    kerriekg(at)yahoo(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  125. I Follow @GeorgiaMist on Twitter @36momma
    kerriekg(at)yahoo(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  126. I Follow Gathering My Roses PUBLICLY via Google Friend Connect
    kerriekg(at)yahoo(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  127. I love Sexy Swirls thanks for the chance to win eaglesforjack@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  128. I'm Followin @margoschloss on Twitter, skyxsky27

    ReplyDelete
  129. Paper to Pearls

    skyxsky27(at)gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  130. I follow on GFC!
    winnieayala at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  131. I love the bronze beauty!
    winnieayala at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  132. I entered the Spa Naturals giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  133. If I win this beautiful pink bag, I will donate it to Breast Cancer Resource Group in Austin for their Graphics Bra Event

    ReplyDelete
  134. I like the Little Princess bag also.
    skipthelaundry at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  135. following margoschloss on twitter
    skipthelaundry
    skipthelaundry at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  136. google friend connect
    skipthelaundry
    skipthelaundry at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  137. tweeted
    http://twitter.com/skipthelaundry/status/13746004461
    skipthelaundry
    skipthelaundry at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  138. following georgiemist on twitter
    skipthelaundry
    skipthelaundry at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  139. facebook fan
    amber jackson porter
    skipthelaundry at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  140. I would love to have the Swirls for Girls.

    ReplyDelete
  141. I like the Aura Bag a joint Aidah and KuraDesign project. Simple, but elegant :)

    ReplyDelete
  142. sent her a friend request on fb tony l smoaks

    ReplyDelete
  143. Follow @GeorgiaMist on Twitter: @brianpiero

    senorpiero [at] yahoo [dot] com

    ReplyDelete
  144. Thanks for the giveaway...well, my daughter loves the "Roar" handbag, and thinks her Mom would like it.

    senorpiero [at] yahoo [dot] com

    ReplyDelete
  145. Tweeted: http://twitter.com/brianpiero/status/13755884478

    senorpiero [at] yahoo [dot] com

    ReplyDelete
  146. I like the City Lights Gold (and the Black Peacock, the Red Whine, the Roar, etc)

    ReplyDelete
  147. I love Black Peacock bag. vidomich(at)yahoo(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  148. dreamcleavers@yahoo.com
    my pick would be the foxy feathers clutch

    ReplyDelete
  149. dreamcleavers@yahoo.com
    follow your blog
    dreamcleavers

    ReplyDelete
  150. dreamcleavers@yahoo.com
    follow georgiamist on facebook
    lance pearson

    ReplyDelete
  151. dreamcleavers@yahoo.com
    fan of yours on facebook
    lance pearson

    ReplyDelete
  152. tweeted http://twitter.com/annedoggett/statuses/13762190979
    jedoggett@embarqmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  153. I think the wife would like their Roar bag

    ardy22 at earthlink dot net

    ReplyDelete
  154. follow margoschloss on twitter

    ardy22

    ReplyDelete
  155. follow google friend connect

    ardy22

    ReplyDelete
  156. facebook fan of you

    rich hicks

    ReplyDelete
  157. follow GeorgiaMist twitter

    ardy22

    ReplyDelete
  158. tweet

    http://twitter.com/Ardy22/status/13763342852

    ReplyDelete
  159. I love the Not your Grannies Bag White, thanks!

    Hotsnotty2@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  160. shared facebook

    http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=536212900&ref=profile#!/profile.php?id=536212900&v=wall&story_fbid=125717374109203&ref=mf

    ReplyDelete
  161. follow Margo on twitter - debijot

    ReplyDelete
  162. I like the Kitten bag.

    nesta 67 {at} live dot com

    ReplyDelete
  163. follow you on twitter - debijot

    ReplyDelete
  164. i like the Balance-Model Bag 1

    ReplyDelete
  165. sent margo friend request on facebook Kathy L Pease

    ReplyDelete
  166. following margo on twitter klp1965

    ReplyDelete
  167. your fan on facebook Kathy L Pease

    ReplyDelete
  168. http://www.facebook.com/KathyLPease?v=wall&story_fbid=106656696045531

    ReplyDelete
  169. http://twitter.com/klp1965/status/13765686706

    ReplyDelete
  170. I really love "Roar" - it's a different take on animal prints, and very beautiful, too!

    1955nursehjc4me(at)myway(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  171. I'm 1 of yr faithful followers via Google friend connect ;-)

    1955nursehjc4me(at)myway(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  172. I love the Paper to Pearls bag!

    ReplyDelete
  173. I sent a friend request to Margo on Facebook.

    ReplyDelete
  174. I like the It's Easy Being Green bag
    dispatcher_kristy@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete