Monday, November 9, 2009

*99*

*99*

99 pounds to goal! Sounds like a lot, doesn't it? It is. And it isn't! When I began this journey, I needed to lose 163 pounds. That's an average-sized person. It seemed almost insurmountable to me. It was daunting.

As of 9:00 a.m. this very morning, I am out of the triple digits and in the double digit stage of my journey. 99 pounds.
Still a large number but no longer insurmountable, no longer daunting.

The numbers no longer intimidate me.

You'll notice that I changed my weight-loss ticker to reflect the new numbers. This is something I needed to do. It's not that I don't want to be reminded of how much I did weigh so much as I changed the numbers to reflect how far I have come.

I'll change the ticker again when I've lost 75 pounds. Again when I reach
*one*derland... and so on.

This is something I need to do for myself -- it helps keep me motivated and inspired.

I feel different this morning. I'm not weighed down (pardon the pun!) by
knowing the I had a hundred pounds or more to lose. The number 99 is liberating... I feel unencumbered. I feel free.

Today begins Part Two of my journey -- the part that leads me to *one*derland! I'm just 35 pounds away! I can do this. I will do this.

I will succeed!

Don't forget to enter the Nutridel Giveaway! I'll announce the winner on Friday!

8 comments:

Patsy said...

You're at about the same place as me! When I started on 17th July I needed to lose 149lbs... Weigh-in today shows I have *just* 90.2lbs to go! Congrats on your losses so far and 'Hurrah!' to us both! :o)

Katie J ♥ said...

Congrats and I totally get what you are saying.

I am right there with you too. I have 103 right now to lose. Hopefully the next week or two I will break the trip digits

Christine Jeske said...

That's a wonderful milestone!!! Big congrats! :D

You are doing awesome.

Coffespaz said...

YES YOU WILL!! You will succeed...mainly because you have a wonderfully positive outlook.

CONGRATULATIONS on this milestone reached!! I lift my mug to you!

Izzybee said...

Tha'ts a huge deal! I can't wait to get there myself, but until I do it's really inspiring to read that other people are getting there!

Diane, Fit to the Finish said...

I'm so happy for you!! Seriously, 99 pounds is so possible as you already know because you've done so well. Congratulations and I'm rooting for your success everyday!!

Little Miss Fatty Pants said...

99 pounds does sound a lot better than 100!

Congrats on being so close to the 100's!!

WWSuzi said...

Congratulations and i totally understand that 99 isn't so bad :)