Thursday, April 1, 2010

REVIEW: MBT -- The Anti-Shoe!

A couple of weeks ago, I was very blessed to receive a pair of MBT Shoes for review. MBT stands for Masai Barefoot Technology.

The Masai Barefoot Technology attempts to recreate the soft, uneven landscape that the Masai of Africa walk on. It's very similar to walking on soft or "sugar" sand at the beach.
The benefits of this technology include improved posture, stronger hamstrings, calves, backside, and improved balance, body awareness, and optimum circulation.

I received the MBT MOJA in White. They are beautifully designed and crafted shoes. The moment I put them on I was amazed at how cushioned and supported I felt. I have very high arches and the arch support is simply fantastic. The MOJA is made with 3D mesh and leather, dry & cool technology, and is a very light, athletic-style shoe.

My first couple of days with the shoes were eye-opening, to say the least! A mile around the neighbourhood -- then I switched to a different shoe for the evening.
The next morning... I was SO sore! Those shoes deliver quite the workout! You don't know while you're walking -- but you do feel it later!

Don't get me wrong, though! It wasn't a bad feeling at all. I felt like I had really WORKED OUT! And, in fact, I had done! The Technology behind the MBT Shoe is designed to give you a great workout everytime you wear it. It does, too.
So, why are MBTs called The Anti-Shoe? Read the story and see for yourself!

From The Website:

In the late nineties we started a crusade.
We realized that the human body is simply not built to walk or stand on hard, flat surfaces. We also discovered that conventional shoes stabilize the body in such a way that the body’s supporting muscle system is neglected, which can result in joint and back pain.
We wanted to make the world aware that our health is significantly influenced by the way we walk. And we were determined to develop something that would continuously stimulate the postural and stabilizing muscles of the whole body.

We knew we had to be radical to be successful.
So we used radical measures to dramatize the corrosive effect on our health from wearing traditional shoes. And radical thinking to engineer and design a new kind of footwear that was different from anything else on the market.

We named our footwear MBT, and refused to call it a shoe.
Because MBT is totally different:

*Its sole is curved, not flat.
*It is unstable, not stable.
*It activates your muscles instead of undermining them.
*It has a positive effect on the entire body, not just the feet.
*In other words: It is the antithesis of a shoe.


We still believe that every shoe box should be required to display the warning: “Shoes are harmful to your health”.

True to this uncompromising spirit, call ourselves the anti-shoe.

We consider it our mission to make people all over the world aware of the benefits of MBT and to help them live healthier and better lives.

We hope you will join our crusade.
The MBT Moja is available in White or Black and in sizes 6-11 (1/2 sizes available) and size 12.
I found that the shoe ran a bit a small and I received a 7 1/2 (Normally I wear a 6 1/2 to 7). However, I do have a very wide foot and if your own foot is narrow, the shoe will most likely fit true-to-size.

You can connect with the wonderful folks at MBT via their Social pages:

@antishoe on Twitter

Fan MBT on Facebook

Sign up for the MBT Newsletter

Give MBT - The Anti-Shoe a try -- you won't go back to your everyday walking shoe!

Don't be fooled by imitators! Unfortunately, there are people selling fraudulent imitations / knock-offs of MBT shoes. Purchase them only from accredited, affiliated vendors! To learn more, just Click here!

For a safe & secure shopping experience, visit the MBT Official On-line Store

DISCLOSURE:
I received a pair of MBT MOJA shoes for the purpose of review. I was under no obligation to post a review. I received no monetary compensation. The opinions expressed are based on my own use and experience with the shoes.

2 comments:

JustAnotherContestant said...

Sounds like just the thing for work!

WWSuzi said...

I have always wondered about those shoes! My calves always seem tight, maybe these would help.