Thursday, September 30, 2010

Dr. Martens -- 2296 Wellington Boot Review


Recently, I was given the opportunity to test out a pair of
Dr. Martens (Doc Martens) 2296 WELLINGTON GAUCHO VOLCANO pull-on, heavy-duty work boots.

I will tell you straight - I am very impressed. As a Land Surveyor, I'm constantly in all types of weather and all types of terrain. Not to mention the mud and the muck I track through daily.

I need a boot that will take me anywhere and everywhere I have to go and provide comfort, safety, and warmth. The 2296 WELLINGTON GAUCHO VOLCANO not only meets my needs but exceeds them. This is a high quality workboot.




I've put these boots through the wringer. They've been in ditches and culverts, gravel pits, and swamps, deep woods and marshes -- no leaks, no tears, no discomfort. They've done all I've asked of them and more.



The Wellington Gaucho Volcano is a part of the Icon collection.

The 2296 Wellington is a heavy-duty boot, built to Perform in the most demanding of environments. Durable Full-grain leather upper, padded ankle locking supports and Hard-wearing slip-resistant outsole Make this Boot a must have. Electrical Hazard rated.

FEATURES:

Upper:
Water-resistant Full-grain Leather, Padded Ankle Locking Support, Double Stitched, Leather Pull Loops

Lining:
Nylon Mesh

Footbed:
Removable Nylon Mesh Covered EVA Footbed

Shank:
Standard Wood

Outsole:
SAF Patented air-cushioned sole, slip-resistant to oil, fat, petrol, and alkali

Construction:
Stitch Welted Contoured full cushion insole
Full quarter and vamp lining
Patented air cushion sole
Resists oil, fat, acid, petrol
and alkili
SAF sole

Material:
Volcano is a worn /and distressed leather with water resistant properties which provides a rugged appearance.


The boot is very comfortable but it does run a bit narrow and short. I wear a Men's 9 1/2 and would recommend that you buy one (1) size larger and wider-width than your everyday shoe.

You can connect with Dr. Martens on Facebook and @drmartens50 on Twitter.
MIKE (Review Daddy)

No comments: